Author Topic: Updates causes all fsdt products to crash part 1 of 2  (Read 3905 times)

OldFRG-JFK-ZNY-Controller

Updates causes all fsdt products to crash part 1 of 2
« on: June 27, 2016, 03:32:08 am »
I have been using the JFK v2 scenery, and GSX for some time now.  I received a message banner at the top of the FS-X screen that I needed to update the vehicles.  Once I did that, FS-X crashed.  I uninstalled GSX, and the update manager.  FS-X was able to run, but the JFK scenery did not have any buildings.  Just jetways. The addon manager reported that JFKv2 was installed and active.  I re-installed JFKv2, GSX, addon manager.  FS-X did not crash, but there were no buildings at JFK.  I ran the FS Dream team REG, and then re-booted the computer, and ran FS-X.  It came up with no errors, but no buildings.  Pressing <ctrl><f12> had no response.  I copied my original files from a backup made from before all this started.  I re-booted the computer, and re started FS-X.  The JFK scenery came up normally.  <ctrl><f12> activated GSX.  When I requested services, I received the following error: "The app couatl is causing the couatl scripting engine to restart. please downlowad the latest stand alone addon manager at fsdreamteam/sa-addon-manager"  I downloaded the latest stand alone addon manager, and installed it 3 times, same error. Once couatl quits, the JFKv2 scenery disappears. GSX is inoperative.

Please help me to get my fsdt products that I paid for to work.  Thanks

I am running Windows 7 pro 64 bit. FS-X pro with acceleration.  I have nothing running in the backround, not even anti virus or firewall.  The PC is dedicated exclusively for FS-X, nothing else runs on it.  It was set up and configured according the the FSX computer system: The bible by NickN.

This is the Couatl error:
couatl v3.1 (build 3487)
panic log started on Sun Jun 26 21:01:07 2016

problem raised by addon couatl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 688, in onSimStart
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 1187, in getAircraftData
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 744, in __init__
  File "C:\FS-X\fsdreamteam\couatl\python27.zip\ast.py", line 80, in literal_eval
  File "C:\FS-X\fsdreamteam\couatl\python27.zip\ast.py", line 58, in _convert
  File "C:\FS-X\fsdreamteam\couatl\python27.zip\ast.py", line 79, in _convert
ValueError: malformed string
{}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Updates causes all fsdt products to crash part 1 of 2
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 08:28:52 am »
That line seems to indicate there's some kind of error in the aircraft.cfg of the plane you use. Most likely, in the [GeneralEngineData] section.

Could you please post it ? Just the lines of the [GeneralEngineData] section

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 05:26:10 pm »
The error occours with all aircraft. I verified this by testing with numerous aircraft. I also tried this at several airports. If I start FS-X with a saved situation, then the error happens as FS-X is loading. If I start FS-X in free flight, I can select any airplane and my JFKv2 scenery works fine. When I call GSX with the pull down menu or <ctl><f12>, then the error occours. GSX no longer functions, and the JFK buildings disappear leaving only jetways.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 12:16:57 am »
I have attached the install log for add-on manager, and the [genenginedata] section from one of my airplanes.  I have been following other threads on this forum, and problems with this upgrade seems wide spread.  It should be noted that everything in my sim world was working perfectly until I decided to get this latest update.  Since my aircraft.cfg files have not changed, I would think that the problem lies elsewhere, I could be wrong.  Please let me know what other information you require to resolve this problem.  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 01:42:09 pm »
I have attached the install log for add-on manager, and the [genenginedata] section from one of my airplanes.

This line is likely the problem:

Engine.2= 9.50, 25.29 -5.000000

The line it's missing the comma before the last parameter. That's clearly an error of the aircraft.cfg and, in fact, it has been already reported here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13825.msg102401.html#msg102401

It should be noted that everything in my sim world was working perfectly until I decided to get this latest update.  Since my aircraft.cfg files have not changed

Your aircraft.cfg files might have not being changed, but GSX obviously has. And the new version, reads the position of the engine, in order to position the Traffic Cones, which now is ALSO editable in the airplane configuration editor.

There are other places in GSX, when the program defends itself against potential errors in the configuration files, we just left out this one...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:55:34 pm by virtuali »

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 10:04:13 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

I corrected the error in the JF DC-8-61 aircraft.cfg as recommended.  The JF DC-8 loaded ok. When YouControl is invoked to call for ground service, I get the same error.  I tested it with the Captain Sim B707, and the Default b747.  All produce the same error.  I checked the aircraft.cfg, and they do not contain the missing comma error.

I have attached the panic error report from each instance.  The name of the file has been changed to reflect which aircraft generated the error.  I have tested it with a variety of other airplanes, and they ALL generate the error.  It should be noted that I can control the YouControl functions of the JFKv2 scenery with no problem.  Once the error occurs, FS-X will not run.

For others who may see this post, be advised that I have found the Just Flight DC-8 (both products) full of errors in the aircraft.cfg, and the panel.cfg.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 10:56:14 pm »
When YouControl is invoked to call for ground service, I get the same error.  I tested it with the Captain Sim B707, and the Default b747.  All produce the same error. 

None of your error logs now shows the same error!

You are now getting an entirely different error, one that we have been trying to reproduce for days, but never able to. I keep asking to anyone with this error to contact me with a PM to arrange a Teamviewer session, because we cannot reproduce it in any way.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 12:22:22 am »
Roger, wilco.  I will send a PM now.

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 05:22:36 pm »
I am sending a PM to arrange for a Teamviewer session now.