Author Topic: Odd Update behaviour  (Read 1823 times)

smoothchat

Odd Update behaviour
« on: November 25, 2015, 01:53:26 am »
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I am having some odd behavior by the update function.

Occasionally when loading P3D, I get a message that a new version of couatl is available.  If I select to install, it downloads and installs fine, but when it reloads couatl, I get error messages including "magic number doesn't match".  This suggests that the installer is installing the wrong version of python scripts.

After updating, looking in the GSX folder I see a lot a pye files dated 13/2/15 whereas my backups show 05/10/13 which is a newer version.

I see Python27.zip in the couatl folder, so I assume that perhaps, the installer is trying to install older python scripts.

The solution is to restore the fsdreamteam folder from the backup.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Odd Update behaviour
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 10:14:10 am »
I tried the update right now with P3D (not that I wasn't sure it works, but you never know...), and it updates correctly the correct version of the files, with no errors.

If the updated tries to update using the old Live Update server, it because you main GSX installation is old, so your updater itself is old too. Or, you have a mix-match between old/new files, so you are running an old updater over a new installation.

Download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, or the latest GSX full installer, which should update everything, even the updater.