Author Topic: Just Re-Installed GSX Ground Services v1.9.10 And Now This  (Read 3040 times)

DLGA

Just Re-Installed GSX Ground Services v1.9.10 And Now This
« on: November 13, 2015, 09:15:33 pm »
I'm wondering if anyone might have a solution to the problem that I now have.

I just re-installed GSX Ground Services v1.9.10 and allowed it to "Update AFCADS" and this is what I now have available to me at ALL airports that were previously working correctly!

Here are some examples of what Iam having:
KLAX http://goo.gl/ruQ8V9
KPHX http://goo.gl/TKlPVj
KSFO http://goo.gl/ns0eJP

These are examples of just 3 airports but the same problems are now being seen at KSAN, KHOU, KIND, KJAX and more than I care to list.

My first inclanation is to uninstall GSX Ground Services and see if these problems disappear but Im not sure if this will also remove the "Updated AFCADS".

I would really appreciate any suggestions at this time.

Just in case any one would like to know, here are my computer specs:

Operating System = Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU = Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07GHz Clarkdale 32nm Technology @32 °C
RAM = 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)
Graphics = DELL E2414H (1920x1080@60Hz)   2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (PNY) @35 °C
Audio = SB Audigy

I really would appreciate any input you can provide as I would like to start flying again! :D

Thanks

Gary

RoughLanding

Re: Just Re-Installed GSX Ground Services v1.9.10 And Now This
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 09:47:25 pm »
I did not allow GSX to update AFCADS file when I installed it. At all airports the aircrafts park not at the stop lines but always 5-30 feet beyond. Should I reinstall and allow GSX to update the AFCADS? Thanks.

Dean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 01:55:36 am »
I just re-installed GSX Ground Services v1.9.10 and allowed it to "Update AFCADS" and this is what I now have available to me at ALL airports that were previously working correctly!

Why you installed an old version ? The current one on our site is 1.9.12. Not that this doesn't make any difference with your issue, but just to let you know...

These are examples of just 3 airports but the same problems are now being seen at KSAN, KHOU, KIND, KJAX and more than I care to list.

My first inclanation is to uninstall GSX Ground Services and see if these problems disappear but Im not sure if this will also remove the "Updated AFCADS"

The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX or its installation. The question about updating the AFCADs relates ONLY to AFCAD for FSDT/Flightbeam sceneries you HAVE installed! It doesn't touch ANY of your other AFCADs.

Since you say the problem happens at non-FSDT/Flightbeam airports too, it's clear the problem doesn't have anything to do with installing GSX or updating AFCAD, because the GSX installer surely doesn't download any AFCADs other then the current ones for FSDT/Flightbeam airport.

Your screenshot shows the COMMON AFCAD conflict problem, which is usually caused by 3rd party AFCADs supplied with AI Traffic packages, which should NOT be used on non-default airports.

Use free FSX Airport Scanner utility to find AFCAD duplicates at airports, and remove them.

DLGA

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 08:45:06 pm »
Hi,

I did as you suggested and used free FSX Airport Scanner utility to find AFCAD duplicates at airports, and remove them.

Well, I downloaded the program and ran it. It said that it found 3 and deleted them.

Then I downloaded and ran the newest version of setup_addonmanagerX and re-started my computer and now FSX doesn't even run.

It starts up and then states "Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working corectly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

That part is a real gas since they no longer even support it!

So now I guess that I will just uninstall FSX from my computer and start over from scratch.

Thanks anyway.

Gary