Author Topic: Having some trouble with GSX (Shift + e + 3) **SOLVED NOT A GSX ISSUE**  (Read 2670 times)

nodset

hey, posted this question on reddit.com/r/flightsim with no luck: I recently added the RAAS, Active sky, accu-feel and 3d Lights to my FSX:SE and now shift + e + 3 doesn't work anymore. I have reinstalled and tried adding GSX after the others, but it still doesn't work. Have anyone else had the same problem and how did you fix it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/3s3c9v/having_some_trouble_with_gsx/

does anyone know a fix or possibly the reason the combination stopped working?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:58:29 am by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Having some trouble with GSX (Shift + e + 3)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 07:41:19 pm »
Shift-e3 opens a door on your airplane.  GSX will wait for you to open the door, not open it for you.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

nodset

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 07:52:07 pm »
as I said the doors won't open after I installed the three addons from steam. the standard shift + e and shift + e + 2 works as normal. I'm not expecting GSX to open the doors for me, but the button combination just stopped working after installing the addons.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:54:27 pm by nodset »

nodset

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 02:58:46 am »
so I did some testing and I figured out that it was caused by the 3D Lights Redux Add-On. so if anyone is having the same issue, try disabling that. lets hope for a patch in the future.

keithgiannoni

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 06:39:14 am »
Just another thought for others. Often it is necessary to ensure the Select item in the settings/control/keys/buttons has the key number/letter assigned to make it work. An example is the E Jets where Shift + E + 2 opens the baggage hold doors. If 2 is not assigned to Select 2, the doors will not open.
Glad you got it sorted.

Keith