Author Topic: Addon Manager, GSX, Flightbeam KSFOHD  (Read 11809 times)

jeffeven

Re: Addon Manager, GSX, Flightbeam KSFOHD
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 01:48:53 am »
And, again, I still have no bglmanx file anywhere.

J

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 11:02:29 am »
Downloaded both from the FSDreamTeam "product" page at FSDreamTeam.com.  Assuming those are the latest.

Then it simply cannot happen. They contains and start the SAME VC++ installer you downloaded from Microsoft.

Try this:

- UNINSTALL all VC++ 2013 entries in the Windows Control Panel

- Restart Windows ( DO IT, really!! )

- Reinstall GSX.

jeffeven

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 03:15:27 am »
Again followed your instructions to the letter. 

-Uninstalled all my VC++ entries (2010, 2012, 2013)

-Uninstalled both GSX and Addon manager then re-installed them taking care to close any anti-virus programs. Again they both stalled at the VC++ installation.

-Added exclusions to anti-virus as required. 

-FSX opens fine.  FS2Crew opens fine, EZDok opens fine, RAAS opens fine but still no addon manager or GSX.

J

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 03:16:47 pm »
-Uninstalled both GSX and Addon manager then re-installed them taking care to close any anti-virus programs. Again they both stalled at the VC++ installation.

I'm sorry, but this simply cannot happen. I'll send you an email explaining how to log the installation.

-FSX opens fine.  FS2Crew opens fine, EZDok opens fine, RAAS opens fine but still no addon manager or GSX.

This doesn't mean anything. If the GSX installer cannot complete, it's normal it won't start. And none of these addons probably use the VC++ 2013 libraries, so they might not be affected by a problem with them.

jeffeven

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 07:52:00 am »
Didn't get your email because I forgot to post my new email in my profile.  Have done that now.  Please resend.

-Also, why do I have 2 FlightBeam folders in my FSX folder.  "FlightBeam" and "FlightBeam(61) ?  Is that correct?
- In my Virtuali folder I have a subfolder "airplanes" and another sub "GSX"
- In my fsdreamteam folder I have a subfolder "couatl(69) and inside that folder I have "common", "GSX" "KSFOHD", "LiveUpdate" and "Wx".

Rather than try and explain it... let me provide some attachments...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 10:11:54 am »
-Also, why do I have 2 FlightBeam folders in my FSX folder.  "FlightBeam" and "FlightBeam(61) ?  Is that correct?

Surely not. Remove them both and reinstall.

- In my Virtuali folder I have a subfolder "airplanes" and another sub "GSX"
- In my fsdreamteam folder I have a subfolder "couatl(69) and inside that folder I have "common", "GSX" "KSFOHD", "LiveUpdate" and "Wx".

These are all correct.

jeffeven

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 07:13:10 pm »
Uninstalled both Flightbeam folders.  Re-downloaded KSFOHD with all Anti-Virus off.  Still no buildings at KSFO and no Addon manager or GSX.  More attachments.  I know I'm taking an enormous amount of your time but I really appreciate it.

J

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 11:27:47 am »
Uninstalled both Flightbeam folders.  Re-downloaded KSFOHD with all Anti-Virus off.  Still no buildings at KSFO and no Addon manager or GSX.  More attachments. 

Please stop sending attachments that are not telling anything. Is the installer STILL hanging at the VC++ installation step ? If yes, as I've said, you cannot expect that anything work, if the installation hasn't completed PROPERLY.

This cannot be solved here, I'll give you details to arrange a Teamviewer sessions so I can check your system directly.

jeffeven

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2015, 09:24:05 pm »
Have installed teamviewer per your request.

J

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2015, 08:30:39 pm »
Have installed teamviewer per your request.

I asked to do that by email yesterday, asking you to send me your session details by email, but you never replied to it. It's best if you keep using email, since it doesn't make any sense to discuss this in the forum.