Author Topic: Follow me car is ghost and so is marshaller  (Read 2254 times)

captsteff

Follow me car is ghost and so is marshaller
« on: October 25, 2015, 06:28:06 pm »
I am running wqith ORBX Golbal scenery. When I originally installed it about 2-3 weeks ago I was all of a sudden having problems with GSX. So I uninstalled it and than reinstalled the addon manager and than Orbix Global.
Now at least I am not getting any crashes but when I land and call for the follow me car I can only see the two lights on the side of "Follow Me" and do not see the car. Also the Marshaller only shows the wands in his hand and not the fugure. This has happened at EWR and BUF.

I am using default airports.

Does anyone have any ideas to fix this.

Thanks.............captsteff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Follow me car is ghost and so is marshaller
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 10:30:35 pm »
I can only see the two lights on the side of "Follow Me" and do not see the car. Also the Marshaller only shows the wands in his hand and not the fugure. This has happened at EWR and BUF.

This has been discussed many times on the forum: whenever you have partially invisible objects and "ghost" parts, it's never a GSX problem, and it's surely a problem of your video settings in the driver, or a problem with a tweak in the FSX.CFG that doesn't apply to your system/card/drivers.

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.