Author Topic: GSX features request for consideration  (Read 3344 times)

Kilstorm

GSX features request for consideration
« on: October 10, 2015, 04:38:22 pm »
Been loving GSX since the day it was released and have a few thoughts for consideration as the product continues to develop.

1) Would it be possible to create and replace the fuel triggers in P3Dv3 with a GSX addition of when you pull up to a fuel area instead of getting the tanks topped off, the user can go into avatar mode and pull up Ctrl+F12 to get the option to "Fill Plane" which when selected opens up the fuel window like the fuel truck does? The way it would work would be that it removes the sims action of fill the tank to 100 % and allows the user to set the fuel based on the fuel and wieght window once in avatar mode.

2) I like to fly GA planes a lot about as much as I like to fly the bigger planes but would love to see the smaller planes treated more like GA then commercial. What I'm thinking is wondering if there was a way to read the general size of the plane let it be parking size, weight or some other way to determine a small plane compared to a big plane and when using GSX it treats it as such...automatically does not have a push back tug present, instead of a tug & trailer cart for luggage, its a person walking pushing a hand cart and automatically disables the bus at all parking spots....could replace it with a stretched golf cart but really not needed or is optional in the Crtl +F12 window like such"
A) Deboard (no golf cart)
B) Deboard (request golf cart)

3) What about offering the ability to pull up the Ctrl+F12 window by dialing in a Fixed Base Operator or Unicom frequency? Can be a general one for all airports a set one like what Active Sky Next does or something like 122.95? Put that on the Comm 1 radio and it opens the window like a key press?

Many thanks for all your great products and looking forward to what the future brings in simming with your continuing support!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX features request for consideration
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 01:16:31 pm »
1) Would it be possible to create and replace the fuel triggers in P3Dv3 with a GSX addition of when you pull up to a fuel area instead of getting the tanks topped off, the user can go into avatar mode and pull up Ctrl+F12 to get the option to "Fill Plane" which when selected opens up the fuel window like the fuel truck does?

Future versions of GSX will surely have the Fuel function much improved, and will use the P3D Avatar mode more.

2) I like to fly GA planes a lot about as much as I like to fly the bigger planes but would love to see the smaller planes treated more like GA then commercial.

Already discussed and answered several times on the forum: GA planes might be covered by a separate GSX expansion product dedicated to GA.

3) What about offering the ability to pull up the Ctrl+F12 window by dialing in a Fixed Base Operator or Unicom frequency?

Not sure that you would gain with this, except that, instead of a single keystroke, you would have to press many of them to tune the frequency.

Kilstorm

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 04:22:30 pm »
For myself and many other simmers who have either a comm radio hardware modules like the GoFlight or the likes, the Flight1 GTN750/650 or both it would be a benefit in that you can have it already set as a standby prior to landing. I am the kind of simmer who has everything programmed to a joystick key of some sorts and never use the keyboard once in flight. I feel that many could benefit from this plus keep the immersion level high. Even those who use the keyboard/mouse most could keep Comm2 or a standby freq always on that channel and then its just a mouse click away without having to look at the keyboard especially those who save their flights.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:59:11 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 09:03:09 am »
I am the kind of simmer who has everything programmed to a joystick key of some sorts and never use the keyboard once in flight.

Then you can simply program CTRL+F12 on a joystick button. You asked for "the ability to pull up the Ctrl+F12 window", if you can program a joystick button with it, it will be a single button press, WAY easier than having to pre-select a com frequency on stand-by.

Without even considering, that com frequency might be already been taken by the scenery, for some reason, even unforeseeable ones, like activating custom features (triggering objects, etc.) that don't have anything to do with actual com stations.

Rustydog

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 05:47:53 pm »
I find a great way particularly for push back is to use voice attack. Say "Ground Services" and up comes the menu. Say "Ready for Push" up comes the next menu. Say "push left" or "push right" and away you go etc. Maybe not for everyone but it works for me and not a button or key pressed. :)
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 06:04:50 pm »
There is a software that can be used to do speech recognition and create keyboard macro to send to any application. For example this one:

http://www.mymsspeech.com/

The advantage of this approach is that it's generic, so you can command by speech any kind software, even not flightsim related.