Author Topic: BirdsEyeView Help!  (Read 4462 times)

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
BirdsEyeView Help!
« on: December 01, 2008, 10:20:59 am »
Gents,

Sorry for posting this here.  I don't in any way intend to advertise BEV here.  In fact, this post is more of the opposite of an advertisement...

Anyway...I need help with BirdsEyeView.  I installed all five versions and they all worked when I installed them.  However, I just did a flight the other day and it looked like the default FS textures were showing, not BEV.  Sure enough, I changed to different seasons and nothing changed.  The trees look the same (bare). 

I was under the impression all I had to do was select a season (in this case, Fall) and click Apply Theme in the Configurator.  Nothing seems to happen when I do this, although it does take a long time for the textures to "apply". 

I haven't recently installed any new scenery or textures.  The only modification I did was move Ultimate Terrain USA down in priority in the Scenery Index under Megascenery so that Megascenery would show up.  Just for good measure, I moved UT-USA back up where it was and BEV still doesn't work, so I don't think that was it.  Also, FSGenesis had me change "TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL" from =19 to =22 in the FS9.cfg.  That's it.  Haven't done anything else.

So, any help with this would be much appreciated.  It's very frustrating to think that I bought 5 BEV packages only to all of a sudden have none of them work for some reason.
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

TWA Pilot

Re: BirdsEyeView Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 01:51:46 pm »
[quote author=Aeroman  

I haven't recently installed any new scenery or textures.  The only modification I did was move Ultimate Terrain USA down in priority in the Scenery Index under Megascenery so that Megascenery would show up.  Just for good measure, I moved UT-USA back up where it was and BEV still doesn't work, so I don't think that was it.  Also, FSGenesis had me change "TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL" from =19 to =22 in the FS9.cfg.  That's it.  Haven't done anything else....
[/quote]

If these are the only changes you made then unchange them......Go back and undo the four changes you made one at a time.......Once trouble shot you can then determine what your problem is. Something is conflicting and when that happens I believe default wins.....If none of this works then something became corupt, and may end up removing it and reinstalling it.....
Hope that helps.....
Doug

Aeroman

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 07:42:47 pm »
I only made 2 changes...1 moving UT-USA down in priority and the other changing the "TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL" from =19 to =22 in the FS9.cfg.  I did put UT-USA back to where it was and nothing.  I guess I can go ahead and try putting the .cfg setting back to =19, but I don't see why that would conflict with it. 

Also, when I start up the BEV Configurator, an error comes up that reads "Cannot find one or more images: C:\Program Files\BirdsEyeView\VOL1\TEXTURE\AUTOGENG\THUMB.bmp".  I was suspicious about this, but it's not only with Volume 1...it's with all 5 volumes, but just in case, I did uninstall all of BEV and reinstall them all and nothing changed.

Anyway, I'll try that .cfg setting and see how that works.
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
"We know why you fly"

Aeroman

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 10:27:16 pm »
Nevermind, got it to work.  Turns out BEV is smarter than I thought.  Even though it's still fall, it's showing its bare winter textures, just like, for the most part, in real life.  So, apparently it was working all along. :P

Thanks for the help though!
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
"We know why you fly"