Author Topic: couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll reverting  (Read 3155 times)

Blueflyer24

couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll reverting
« on: October 05, 2015, 04:59:55 pm »
Installing to p3d v3, addon manager, gsx, klax, and others I noticed near the end of installation, couatl changes from build 3000 (which uses python 2.7) to the previous version (which uses python 2.5) I get the error message that python 2.5 is missing - which is true. Bglmanx.dll is version 3.0.0.5, which is also not current. This is with current downloaders installed, anti virus disabled, older versions of the installer downloads deleted, no error messages during installation. I noticed also that I can right click and save couatl.exe early in the install (it is the current build at this point in the install), and copy and paste it to my desktop. Then I can watch at the end of the install and see the file attributes - size and version change to the previous couatl. I tried to install to a different computer which has fsx installed and which has never had any fsdt products installed, and got the same results. On the 2nd machine, it has never had any version of couatl or bglmanx installed, so I dont believe these files are being changed during install by my computer. I cannot get the installation to work for me. I've read numerous posts in this and the GSX topics, and I can see that the wrong versions of these files are on my computer, even after I've uninstalled, and deleted them. I was wondering if others have had this issue, and what to do next.
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll reverting
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 05:17:07 pm »
Installing to p3d v3, addon manager, gsx, klax, and others I noticed near the end of installation, couatl changes from build 3000 (which uses python 2.7) to the previous version (which uses python 2.5)

Not possible with the current installer, since the current installer which are available now contains *only* Couatl 3 internally, and also download the latest version of Couatl 3 when they start so, you might get an older Couatl 3 version (if your internet connection wasn't working OR if you firewall blocked the download), but you CANNOT get a Couatl 2 from a CURRENT version of any FSDT instaler.

I get the error message that python 2.5 is missing - which is true

That's to be expected, with the old version.

Bglmanx.dll is version 3.0.0.5, which is also not current

Same as above, related to Coautl.exe. Not possible you could get such old version with current installer.

This is with current downloaders installed

Not with the current installers. You might have downloaded the current installer, but you are not launching them. Yes, I seen it firsthand on a Teamviewer session. The user downloaded the current installer, but launched an old copy from an old download folder by mistake. It happens.

anti virus disabled

If the antivirus was interfering, with the *current* installer the worse it could happen is that you might not get the *very* latest version of Couatl3, but you would still get a Couatl 3, NOT a Couatl 2, because it's not contained in any FSDT installer anymore.

I repeat and confirm: you are NOT using the current installers. Maybe you have ONE installer that you are launching at the end, which is not current.

Blueflyer24

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 04:17:52 am »
This was a firewall issue - now resolved by shutting off the firewall entirely during install. However, I would like to point out that on my 2nd computer, the only FSDT file ever downloaded was the current stand-alone add-on manager. No other FSDT products or downloads have ever been on that machine, and it reverts couatl and bglmanx right after the vc ++ 2013 runtime installation. The installer appears to attempt to update add-on manager at this point, and when it is blocked by the firewall, couatl and bglmanx are reverted to earlier versions. Tonight, couatl actually reverted to version 2.0. None of these files have EVER been on this computer, they could only have been placed here externally. There were no other versions of any installer except the current add-on manger ever on this machine.

I am mentioning this because surely someone else will attempt to update or install, and if they have a firewall issue, they will have the same problem. My firewall did not alert me that a program was attempting to download, which is odd, because it always does, and did at the beginning of the installer, but not at the point after vc ++ 2013 runtime installation .

Believe it or not, I only fly from FSDT airports, and I support your work 100%. Thanks for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 04:54:48 am »
This was a firewall issue - now resolved by shutting off the firewall entirely during install

No. A firewall issue ALONE, it's not enough to get Couatl 2 by mistake. A firewall would only block the *download* of the latest Couatl 3 .exe, but the current GSX installer ALSO contains a Couatl 3 exe! It might not be the absolute latest Couatl 3 exe, but is STILL a Couatl 3.

As I've said, none of the current installers contains Couatl 2 anymore.

To clarify better:

- The latest installers CONTAIN Couatl 3 internally (and don't contain Couatl 2), and *download* the very latest Couatl 3 .exe

- The old installers CONTAIN Couatl 2 internally (and don't contain Couatl 3), and *download* the very latest Couatl 2 .exe from a different location.

So, it's just not possible to get Couatl 2 by mistake, even with a firewall blocking the download, because a firewall will only prevent you to get the very latest Couatl 3, but you will STILL get a Couatl 3.

The only way to get Couatl 2 when running an installer, is by running on outdated installer that comes with Couatl 2 and downloads Couatl 2