Author Topic: GSX and addon manager Update  (Read 2369 times)

por930

GSX and addon manager Update
« on: September 15, 2015, 04:20:29 pm »
1.How do I know what version of GSX I have installed? As I did not know, I just installed 1.9.12, being the latest download available.

2.Where is GSX located as I do not see it in the FSDT folder in FSX

3.When I updated GSX, it comes up with an "error when creating patched vehicles-airport, restoring from backup now" I always say ok and it continues. How can I resolve the 'error'?

4. I notice several times the prompt to update coutle? (where you can select one of three choices) which I always do. What job does this do. It always comes up with the error

5. I also see mention of the stand alone addon manager. What does it do and when I download it, where does it live?

Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and addon manager Update
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 05:18:59 pm »
1.How do I know what version of GSX I have installed? As I did not know, I just installed 1.9.12, being the latest download available.

This post explains why the concept of "installed version", is not very meaningful in GSX:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12300.msg93425.html#msg93425

2.Where is GSX located as I do not see it in the FSDT folder in FSX

Sure you have it. The GSX folder under the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl folder.

3.When I updated GSX, it comes up with an "error when creating patched vehicles-airport, restoring from backup now" I always say ok and it continues. How can I resolve the 'error'?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12315.msg93581.html#msg93581

4. I notice several times the prompt to update coutle? (where you can select one of three choices) which I always do. What job does this do.

That's why one of the 3 options is to READ the released notes: so you know what has been updated.

It always comes up with the error

Which error ?

5. I also see mention of the stand alone addon manager. What does it do and when I download it, where does it live?

From our FAQ page:

Where's the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ?

There's a link to download the latest version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager on every "Info" page for every product. Whenever you have an issue regarding the Addon Manager, is strongly suggested to install the latest version. There's also a separate Addon Manager page HERE