Author Topic: GSX keymappings have stopped working  (Read 2446 times)

dave_paige

GSX keymappings have stopped working
« on: September 13, 2015, 12:05:46 am »
Hello,

With the latest update the default GSX keymappings have stopped working for me. ctrl+F12 and Shift+ctrl+F12 do nothing at all. The shift+ctrl+p still does something but just a dialog that warns that ParkMe has been superceded by GSX. But I cannot get to the GSX menu with either of the other two keymappings.

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX keymappings have stopped working
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 12:43:20 am »
The message about ParkMe indicates the software is running correctly. Are you able to start GSX from the menu, which is a recent new feature that allows you to start GSX when the key doesn't work ?

If GSX starts from the menu, but not with the key, the only possible explanations are:

- You changed the keymapping without realizing it, so you can check this and fix it using the Key Mapping menu.

OR

- Another addon has taken that key and, since no two addons can reserve the same key, depending on the loading order, one of them will not work. You can fix this by changing the key in the other addon or in GSX with the KeyMapping menu, to fix the conflict.

If, instead, GSX cannot start even from the menu, then you have an entirely different problem that doesn't have anything to do with hotkeys, which will have to be troubleshooted in an different way.

dave_paige

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 01:04:16 am »
I don't see a menu item to 'start' GSX. I only see a menu item to 'restart' GSX. The rest of them seem to be for adjusting GSX settings. So when the mapped keys do not work I don't see any way to get GSX ground services started.

On the last launch of FSX the GSX keymappings did work so this seems to be intermittent at the moment. I will continue look for conflicts with any other addons. This started only with the most recent GSX update.

Thanks
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 01:40:02 am »
I don't see a menu item to 'start' GSX. I only see a menu item to 'restart' GSX

If you don't have the options to start GSX from the menu (with GSX having its own menu, and Couatl having its own menu too) but, instead, you see GSX *under* the "Couatl powered products" menu, then you are using an oold version so, it's best you download and install the current GSX installer, then check my previous suggestion.