Author Topic: New bglmanx.dll file - San Francisco HD  (Read 2714 times)

edwardpat

New bglmanx.dll file - San Francisco HD
« on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:58 pm »
Hi:

After spending some time making the latest GSX installer (downloaded yesterday morning, Sep. 11) to work with the very much appreciated help from another forum member (Pete Downson / see my other post concerning P3D hangs during start-up), I noticed that when I open the AddonManager window (new version downloaded and installed using the most recent GSX installer) inside the P3D main menu, it shows that I have San Francisco HD installed in TRIAL mode and OUTDATED (Huh?).

That is quite strange, since I don't have anything related to San Francisco HD installed in my P3Dv2.5 setup (I think is still in development by FlightBeam). So, in my opinion the new version of the bglmanx.dll is in some way buggy and should be revised by FSDT, unless there is some unknown commercial reason to be there.

Regards,

Edward

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New bglmanx.dll file - San Francisco HD
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 10:26:49 pm »
The Addon Manager is surely not "buggy". It MUST have some way to detect if you have a scenery handled by it, for the precise reason if it didn't, you would see bogus "trial mode" messages when flying on an area so, checking files for files belonging to a known product, is the only reliable way to not display such messages when not needed.

However, the method is not 100% foolproof. If, but a very unlucky chance, you have another scenery that has both the same name and the same name of a file we are checking for KSFO HD (which is so close to release, that we already have all support for it in the Addon Manager) AND its size is also within 2% of the file we are supposed to look for, you would see such message.

If you could contact me by PM, we can arrange you a Teamviewer session, so I can show you how to found this file, which might be useful to know, since we might want to change the file we are looking for, to be sure it will belong to KSFO HD and nothing else.

edwardpat

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 03:15:53 am »
I've contacted you by a PM. Seems that I'm not the only one with this issue, according to several posts at the Flightbeam site.
Edward

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 10:32:34 am »
I've contacted you by a PM. Seems that I'm not the only one with this issue, according to several posts at the Flightbeam site

We changed the data file that helps identify the installation of the scenery, so the problem shouldn't appear in the current version, which you can get by running any FSDT installer.

edwardpat

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 04:20:30 pm »
Thanks, now is Ok.
Edward