Author Topic: GSX menu sometimes open and sometimes doesn't.  (Read 2360 times)

M60TM

GSX menu sometimes open and sometimes doesn't.
« on: February 14, 2021, 03:12:58 pm »
As the title says, I have tried every single solution I could find but I still couldn't fix this issue. GSX used to work fine a while ago but now it started to not work again. To clear out any key conflict I changed the GSX menu key to ctrl+f2 and Couatl menu key to ctrl+f3 and cleared any key conflict from P3D4's settings but for some reason I still couldn't fix it. GSX menu still refuses to open sometimes. I see GSX under the addons tab. And sometimes it magically decides to work after a while of flying.

Is there anything that I could do to fix this thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX menu sometimes open and sometimes doesn't.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 05:33:51 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's most likely caused by another add-on that, depending on the situation, releases or takes away the key you are using for GSX. Any add-on has the ability to intercept keys and not give them back ( or not ) at any time, at its choice.

And, CTRL+F2/F3 are not very good choices, because they are by default assigned to the propeller pitch.

If you really can't use the default ( which is fine if you don't have other add-ons ), try something with TAB, like TAB-F12 or Shift+TAB+F12. However, this won't save you if another add-on is using the ( wrong ) method of intercepting keys directly ( possibly using DirectInput or another Windows API ), instead of using Simconnect so, if it's using anything with F12, it might still cause a conflict.

M60TM

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 06:02:50 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's most likely caused by another add-on that, depending on the situation, releases or takes away the key you are using for GSX. Any add-on has the ability to intercept keys and not give them back ( or not ) at any time, at its choice.

And, CTRL+F2/F3 are not very good choices, because they are by default assigned to the propeller pitch.

If you really can't use the default ( which is fine if you don't have other add-ons ), try something with TAB, like TAB-F12 or Shift+TAB+F12. However, this won't save you if another add-on is using the ( wrong ) method of intercepting keys directly ( possibly using DirectInput or another Windows API ), instead of using Simconnect so, if it's using anything with F12, it might still cause a conflict.

Status update, the problem dissappeared for a while and it now came back again.

I changed the keys and it still doesn't work. I don't really have any other addons, I only have SODE and FSUIPC and this issue still happened when I first installed P3D with no other addons. Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 06:10:31 pm by M60TM »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 08:46:03 am »
Status update, the problem dissappeared for a while and it now came back again.

Clearly indicating it has nothing to do with GSX, since we haven't updated anything related to how we register keys with the sim ( in the most possible standard way, that is using Simconnect ) in years. Basically since GSX came out.

I changed the keys and it still doesn't work. I don't really have any other addons, I only have SODE and FSUIPC and this issue still happened when I first installed P3D with no other addons. Any other suggestions?

Could be you are just pressing the GSX hotkey too early when the simulator starts, before GSX even completed loading ? The hint is the message "airport cache loaded successfully" and, if you are parked on a gate with engines off and parking brakes on, the appearance of traffic cone ( unless you are using an airplane that has them disabled in its config ).

If you see the message or the traffic cones, it means GSX has loaded.

Also, another test might be checking if you can call GSX from the top menu. If it works from there, and not with the keyboard, then it's SURE you have a keyboard conflict caused by another add-on.

M60TM

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 05:43:25 pm »
Cones sometimes appear right on startup. Sometimes they never do. Where do I see this airport cache loaded successfully message btw?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 03:49:32 pm »
Cones sometimes appear right on startup. Sometimes they never do.

As I've said, they are only supposed to show up on startup if your startup flight is saved with the airplane on a gate, with engines off and parking brakes.

Where do I see this airport cache loaded successfully message btw?

On the top green line of information text.