Author Topic: The GSX issue....  (Read 6812 times)

DANEQ99

The GSX issue....
« on: August 20, 2015, 05:45:37 am »
Ever since the new update (1.9.11) some users, including myself, have reported the GSX menus being non responsive after re-building the cache. It does not show the message saying the cache is complete also. I am part of that group which i'm guessing is for P3D 2.5 users. I have uninstalled it, deleted the virtuali and coualt files and installed it but still unresponsive. The only way it works is by restarting P3D and not changing anything to trigger a rebuild.

- I have unistalled, deleted files (Virtuali, Couatl, scenery indexes), re installed
- Both addon manager and Couatl are present
- I do have a Couatl log which I will add to this document
- I have read multiple posts about this and only letting it rebuild, restart works. This is not a big deal to me but it is just one of those things where I would prefer it to work without it
- I have excluded Couatl, P3D folder, and bglmanx stuff in my windows defender (I don't own an anti-virus)

I have thought about a teamviewer session but I'm not sure it would change the outcome, cause it would just be deleting some files and re-installing (May be wrong here). I find the new GSX and couatl way better than the last one, a lot faster loading. Before it would take me around 10-15 mins to load. I am guessing it was because of FTX vector. Now it takes about 15-30 seconds.

Final notes- I'm guessing this is related to my GSX error but I do not have that intelligence to figure out what it exactly is. Hopefully my log will tell a bigger story than I did. If there is any tip I missed tell me and I'll see.

DANEQ99

Re: The GSX issue....
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 06:42:35 am »
Here is the error file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 09:34:24 am »
I'm sorry, but since we were never able to replicate this problem (and yes, of course we tried in P3D 2.5), the best solution for you would be having a Teamviewer session, where we can test additional diagnostic tools not available in the normal version.

Packers

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 03:48:43 pm »
Since the last update I exactly have the very same issue. Everytime I modify the scenery database to allow priority or when I install a new scenery (preference payware) all my GSX menu are not responding so I have to install the standalone manager each time I use my scenery librairy.

I had no issue before the last update... Becomes really annoying... Otherwise great software!

welsol

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 07:22:41 pm »

I have the same exact problem like @Packers , FSX Acc , Win 10
regards

KolosovV

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 08:09:17 pm »
The same problem. P3D and FSX, Win 7 and 10  :(
And exactly after update to v1.9.11.

Regards.
2014 - GSX, 2018 - GSX Level 2
2023 - GSX Pro

Packers

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 11:37:11 pm »
That would be great if Virtuali could help us because I don't understand why they didn't experience this issue while users does. This is weird because this never happened before. I run as well with Win 7, FSX (SP2, Acceleration), and I have installed direct with GSX Installer, everything is clear except if you modify the library; GSX is not responding despite GSX is present in the FSX tool bar at the top of the screen, but not working, I have to install the Standalone setup to get it working.

doudou

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 12:07:20 am »
Same problem like Packers with FSX:SE after update to v1.9.11.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 10:34:49 am »
That would be great if Virtuali could help us because I don't understand why they didn't experience this issue while users does.

The question is not why I (or anybody else at FSDT) are not experiencing this. The question is why only A FEW users, of the several *thousands* that downloaded the update, are experiencing this.

Without even mentioning, is not even really sure that "this" really means. THIS post reported a very specific problem, indicated in the error log, which is a lot of "exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID" errors, which are Simconnect error reports, which very strange reference parameters we cannot relate to GSX, as if Simconnect was just acting up.

There are other posts here, saying "I Have a the same problem", because the OP referred to "unresponsive menus", but this doesn't mean in any way the problem is the SAME, because only the OP posted his log file. The unresponsive menus is just the effect, not the cause of the problem itself.

Instead, ALL the other posts about unresponsive menus, where users took the time to post their Couatl.LOG file, seemed to confirm THEIR problem (which is BY FAR, the more common one), is instead related to something blocking the cache regeneration process. Some users have confirmed THIS (different) issue was fixed by excluding all the sim folder from the antivirus realtime scanning.

Since we haven't been able to replicate any of these problems, the only way to test it would be on the user's system, with a Teamviewer session. If users don't want to cooperate, after all our repeated invitations, they simply cannot expect or demand we would be able to fix a problem that doesn't happen to us or to the vast majority of users that downloaded the update.

To those that said "I have the same problem", please verify this is the case, and compare YOUR Couatl.LOG file the one the OP posted here. If you don't have the long list of "exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID" error messages in your Couatl.LOG file, then you DO NOT have the same problem, so it's very likely it's instead related to the problem with the cache regeneration, that is being discussed on a separate thread, so you better post it there.

And again, to ANYONE with this problem, I'll repeat again my availability for a direct check on your system with Teamviewer, which is the only chance you'll have to have this fixed (for you AND for your fellow users with the same issue), because we haven't been able to replicate it in ANY WAY.

Perhaps it's caused by a conflict with some other product all of you with this issue are using, that we are not aware of, but it doesn't really make any sense to ask to each one "which other addon you have installed ?" and have it test multiple configurations, when I could check it way easily and much faster with Teamviewer.

Please PM me to arrange a Teamviewer session, because there are no other ways I can see right now to have it fixed it. A bug which can be reproduced (and being able to reproduce it on an user's system on a Teamviewer session IS enough), can probably be fixed VERY quickly. A bug that cannot be reproduced, cannot be fixed, it's simple as that.

So, again, please offer your cooperation, for your own's ( and the other FEW users with similar issue) sake.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 11:04:58 am by virtuali »

Packers

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 10:55:33 am »
I have sent you a PM

Padretim

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 06:15:30 am »
When I start FSX GSX is available. When I request any task from it, it shuts down and disappears from the Addon menu. Please Advise!

CaptBmckay

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 10:55:08 pm »
I actually have the same issue since updating and I have Standard FSX. The only way I can get it to work is to delete the Scenery Index folder and the Couatl folder

callsign1065

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 12:32:46 am »
hi all, have also an GSX issue with the "follow me" vehicle i think, here is the error code:

couatl v3.0 (build 3156)
panic log started on Mon Aug 24 00:21:08 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingServices\followMe.py", line 542, in run
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 347, in run
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 202, in smoothPath
  File "couatl\common\line.py", line 9, in __init__
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

so GSX is stop to work and ask me if i would restart courtl, if i type yes and change to another stand with "follow me" service, same issue comes up  :-\

any help for me?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 10:23:52 am »
hi all, have also an GSX issue with the "follow me" vehicle i think, here is the error code:

Why you piggybacked on this thread, that doesn't have anything to do with your problem ? This thread discussed about an issue with unresponsive menus, which is possibly related to failure to complete the airport cache regeneration, your problem is about an issue with the Follow Me vehicle.

Do not post in thread that don't have anything to do with your issue, because it only makes very confusing for other users to follow them but, try to SEARCH the forum first, to see if anybody reported something similar and, eventually, if the replies there don't seem to be enough for you, post on THOSE related thread, not an entirely unrelated one like this.

Error like this in the Follow Me, are usually caused by a problem with the scenery, as discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10287.msg80270.html#msg80270
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9747.msg76931.html#msg76931

But of course, since you haven't said which scenery you used, it's a bit difficult to confirm this. So, please, post your message again in one of the OTHER threads about issues with the Follow Me ( so don't reply HERE, please ), and indicates all the following:

- The scenery you used

- The approximate position you were when you called the Follow Me

- The gate/runway destination you chose

In the other threads, please. Or, open an new one, and title it accordingly, like "Error using the Follow Me", or something similar.