Author Topic: Change Boarding/Deboarding Vehicle  (Read 2175 times)

joelong

Change Boarding/Deboarding Vehicle
« on: August 22, 2015, 10:53:51 pm »
I'm hoping someone can help me with a question.
Can I change the type of boarding/deboarding vehicle assigned to my flight?
I have had this problem a few times, the most recent being this afternoon.
I had my Airbus A319 parked at Gate G1, in KACY (Atlantic City Intl).  This is a gate designed to service medium sized aircraft.  There is no jetway, so I was expecting a ground vehicle to bring the passengers to be boarded.
The vehicle that showed up was the 6 or 7 passenger mini van.  I was expecting the large bus.
My question is, can I modify an INI, or some other file, so as to call up a different boarding vehicle.
Oddly, there have been a few occasions when I was boarding a small plane (for example, a C172), and a full size bus showed up.
I assume this selection has something to do with the size of the airport.  But I was hoping I would be able to modify that choice.
Thank you,
Joe LaBracio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Change Boarding/Deboarding Vehicle
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 11:12:54 am »
There is no jetway, so I was expecting a ground vehicle to bring the passengers to be boarded. The vehicle that showed up was the 6 or 7 passenger mini van.  I was expecting the large bus.

To decide which vehicle should be used, GSX makes an estimate of passengers on board using official Simconnect calls and dividing all the load by 220 lbs ( industry standard for an average passenger + luggage ).

The topic with the Airbus X has been discussed already here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11331.msg87194.html#msg87194
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10873.msg85247.html#msg85247

Oddly, there have been a few occasions when I was boarding a small plane (for example, a C172), and a full size bus showed up

That's not normal, and nobody ever reported this before. The passenger bus should only appear if the estimated number of passengers is more than 20, which means at least 4400 lbs for all loading stations, but the default C172 has only two stations of 170 lbs each, so it simply cannot happen, unless Simconnect reported a wrong value for some reason.