Author Topic: GSX/JFK V2 issues **SOLVED**  (Read 3051 times)

fsxnate

GSX/JFK V2 issues **SOLVED**
« on: August 23, 2015, 01:29:26 am »
Hello all,

I have a strange issue I have not run into yet, and I'm currently backtracking my steps to see what happened. 

Summary of Issue:

I have been using GSX and JFK V2 Scenery for a few weeks now with no problem.  Suddenly today, when I go to call up GSX using CTRL + F12 nothing happens, when I go to JFK there are no buildings or runway markings (only the gates).

Things I have noticed:

When this first happened, I checked my add on menu and did not see any entries for GSX or COUATL so right away I ended up uninstalling GSX/JFK V2 and prompted to remove everything, when I restarted the computer and downloaded/installed the products again, the menus for them did show up and GSX began cacheing the airports, so I let it cache and tried to call up GSX but no luck.  The Add-on Manager never went away but it showed them as activated already even though I had uninstalled them.  I click on anything in GSX or in COUATL and nothing happens (I choose disable add-on) then go to check the menu and it still says disable with no enable.

What I have attempted:

I had installed SBUILDERX and created a new BGL file for another airport, so I deleted that area of scenery and made JFK #1 on the scenery library but that didn't fix it.  I had installed Instant Scenery 3, so I uninstalled that, and that didn't work.  I reinstalled Sim Connect from the REX folder.  I checked my Prepar3d.cfg for the Simobjects/Misc entry and it is present as number 5 of the Sim Objects lists.  I noticed there was no COUATL entry in my DLL file but not sure if there needs to be since it does show up in the Add-on menu since I reinstalled?

I would look into the antivirus issue but I am on Windows 10 with no additional Anti Virus

If anyone has any clues, let me know!

thanks

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:02:45 am by virtuali »

fsxnate

Re: GSX/JFK V2 issues
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 01:43:15 am »
I restarted Prepar3d after some time and did not see the menu's again.  So I looked in task manager and there was no Couatl listed, so I manually started it instead, and it showed up in Task Manager but still no menus.

thanks!

fsxnate

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 01:47:40 am »
I closed out, it killed Couatl in Task Manager, I waited and restarted, GSX started to Cache and disappeared at 67% from 51%.  The menus were back but still no functionality.  I will now stop giving updates as this seems to be where I'm at haha.

thanks as always!

fsxnate

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 02:08:52 am »
This can be marked as *RESOLVED*.....here's what I did (though I tried it before I swear):

1. Start Prepar3d
2. Kill COUATL in Task Manager
3. Start COUATL as Administrator
4. Go back to P3D (Running still) and it said Airport Cache Loaded (Tried Menu, CTRL + 12, and went to JFK) all working
5. Closed P3D, started it again, it says Airport Cache loaded, and again everything is working

So this can be *RESOLVED*

thanks!