Author Topic: Flight1 - Ground Environment X World Edition: North America  (Read 2763 times)

jimstiles

Flight1 - Ground Environment X World Edition: North America
« on: August 06, 2015, 05:25:40 pm »
Hello, hope I'm in the right area for this question, if not just let me know.

I have been using MSFS for several years but never had a machine that could handle much in the way of add-ons until I recently purchased a used gaming machine. Still not top of the line but a huge improvement for me.

I've purchased the FSDreamTeam's KDFW and KLAX in the past couple of weeks and plan on picking up the one for New York in a couple days. They work great on my machine and still getting good a pretty good frame rate.  I came across "Flight1 - Ground Environment X World Edition: North America" and was wondering if anyone was using or had used it that also used the airport sceneries from FSDreamTeam?

I am really enjoying KDFW and KLAX and don'the want to install anything that might mess them up.

Thanks for any hints.

Jim

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Flight1 - Ground Environment X World Edition: North America
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 08:51:55 pm »
It just replaces the default ground textures and doesn't do anything to your installed airports, so yes, it's safe to installed and won't harm anything.

Same goes for ORBX Global, it's just another ground texture replacement product.

jimstiles

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 09:04:23 pm »
Ok great news, thanks.

Jim

RAY VLASEK

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 12:10:36 am »
Using GEX North America and it works fine with all FSDreamteam and Flighbeam airports,  I have total of 9.  Previously used the Orbx FTX textures which caused problems mainly at KSFO Flightbeam..  Reading various posts about Orbx FTX seems to some compatibility issues with some add on airports,  on the the other hand GEX not discovered any issues with the GEX textures...