Author Topic: Can't request clearance at gate  (Read 2619 times)

ekotamike

Can't request clearance at gate
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:51:30 pm »
I have a few aircraft that will not communicate with ATC (788 is one)unless the engines are running at the gate. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't request clearance at gate
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 05:08:08 pm »
I guess the problem is lack of electrical power to the radios. So you should enable an alternative source of power that will supply electrical current to the radios without the engines running, such as an APU or the Ground Power, or the Battery.

ekotamike

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 05:23:41 pm »
I guess the problem is lack of electrical power to the radios. So you should enable an alternative source of power that will supply electrical current to the radios without the engines running, such as an APU or the Ground Power, or the Battery.
Thanks, but I have the APU running and still no communication. It's not a major problem but I was trying to be true to the scenario and push-back without a powered plane.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 05:25:28 pm »
Thanks, but I have the APU running and still no communication. It's not a major problem but I was trying to be true to the scenario and push-back without a powered plane.

Then you should check if the APU bus is correctly routed to the radios. In any case, this is really a question for that airplane developers.