Author Topic: Trouble Installing GSX with FSX: SE  (Read 5354 times)

Jstrong

Trouble Installing GSX with FSX: SE
« on: June 18, 2015, 06:17:01 pm »
Hey FSDreamteam,

Just bought GSX for FS:SE, and I'm having troubles installing it.

Right now under Addons in FSX there is no option for GSX.

I've followed post on this forum and installed the Stand alone addon manager.. still nothing.

Is there a way we could set up a Team-viewer Session to try an figure out the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trouble Installing GSX with FSX: SE
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 06:26:38 pm »
First, as indicated here, for full Steam compatibility, it's suggested you use the Couatl 3 Public Beta:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

However, even the standard version should work, it's just that some features like Restart and Live Update won't work under Steam. That's why it's best to use the Public Beta.

You don't say if you miss:

- Just the GSX menus under the "Couatl powered products" menu

OR

- The whole "Couatl powered products"

OR

- BOTH the "Couatl powered products" AND the "Addon Manager" menus

OR

- The whole "Addons" menu.

Jstrong

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 06:43:05 pm »
I don't have any addon options besides PMDG.

And i did install that beta... still makes nothing work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 10:27:23 pm »
I don't have any addon options besides PMDG.

Try to install the Simconnect client for FSX:SE, here:

steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\Simconect SDK\Legacy Interfaces\FSX-XPACK\Simconnect.MSI

Then restart Windows before trying again.

If still doesn't work, follow this procedure to the letter, don't skip ANY step:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX. Use the latest full GSX installer on our site.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

Jstrong

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 11:58:42 pm »
I removed GSX, Re-started my pc.

Followed the rest of the steps. And still nothing shows up under my ADDONS menu in fsx.

I use the PMDG 737 NGX aircraft mostly... This wouldnt cause any issues would it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 10:30:29 am »
Followed the rest of the steps. And still nothing shows up under my ADDONS menu in fsx.

As I've said:

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

Have you paid attention to this ? And the result ? If you don't remember, do it again PAY ATTENTION to this, and report the result.

I use the PMDG 737 NGX aircraft mostly... This wouldnt cause any issues would it?

Obviously not, everybody use GSX with PMDG products, and they are 100% supported.

Jstrong

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 06:07:33 pm »
I Did. Like you quoted from what I said. "I followed all steps".

There is no prompt from Flight Sim to ask for permissions to use the addon.

I'm familiar with what installing an addon involve... but this process for some reason is cause a head ache that I'm not willing to hang on to.

I'm seeing a few people have problems with GSX and FS:SE, reports on the steam community of people having the same issue as I am, with no luck on getting it to work.

So I'll ask again.. is there any way to set up a team viewer session like you did for another client to help him. I'm not gonna poke around files of fsx when I'm not comfortable doing so.

Jstrong

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 04:48:54 pm »
Who do I get in contact about refunds?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 09:36:57 pm »
Who do I get in contact about refunds?

There are no refunds, very simple. But of course, since the program works for everybody, we'll help you running it on YOUR system so, the entire issue about refunds is moot.

And yes, we can have a Teamviewer session, but you cannot expect or demand we could be available 24/7, and today it's Sunday. In the meantime, install Teamviewer, send me a PM with your session id and password, and we can arrange a session.

Jstrong

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 09:57:18 pm »
Message sent.