Author Topic: GSX Setup User-Selectable Ground Service Vehicles by Airline Parking Code  (Read 14942 times)

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
(My Christmas Wish!)

Hi again, Umberto!

I cannot imagine how incredibly busy you must be - it blows my mind to see all the posts here!

Proposing an addition to the GSX setup process to permit the USER to have GSX use specific ground service handlers to match USER-INPUT Parking Service Code(s) at every airport.

My idea is simple.  The DEFAULT ground service handlers would continue to be the POINTS-SYSTEM that GSX currently uses.  No change  for people who want to stay as it is now.

NEW!  Those who fly for a specific virtual airline (example: United, Delta, Southwest, FedEx, and so on, plus International virtual airlines) would NOW be allowed to go away from the points method to an ALTERNATIVE method.  In this NEW ALTERNATIVE method, a user could go into GSX setup and configure GSX to ALWAYS USE ground handler vehicles that match a specific airline parking code (example DAL for Delta, UAL for United, etc).  Once the user sets this up, the USER-specified parking code would determine the GSX gound service vehicles for EVERY AIRPORT.  No more points system, or worrying what airline code is in the BGL scenery for any given gate!  Flying a DELTA painted plane, you get DELTA GROUND HANDLING.  Flying United you get UNITED ground handling. And so on.

Some FSX users build videos, or take screenshots, or for personal reasons wish to have ground service vehicles that match the airliner they are flying - even if they are parked at a gate that doesn't have their specified airline listed in the scenery BGL file parking code for a given parking spot.

This NEW ALTERNATIVE choice would allow substantial numbers of pilots to alter 'real world' and be permitted to see their company's handlers at the gate.  

I know this approach is not for everyone - I also know your feeling about it not looking realistic to see DELTA handlers if parked at CHINESE airports (for example).  

I think that this matter should be left to the USER.  Not everyone will want this feature, but I'm betting MANY pilots would!  This eliminates the pain of trying to edit airport scenery files on a one-by-one basis so the pilot "MIGHT" see his company's ground handlers - it doesn't always work that way for some reason?

My idea would be a 'new GSX SETUP feature' where the user could make a selection within GSX program setup.  This would be stored, so user does not have to modify it for each flight.

The program logic might work something like this (as a suggestion)

Make your choice from the list below, be sure to SAVE your selection!

1.  Use GSX Ground Service Vehicles Points System (This is current method used by GSX) -or-

2.  GSX will MATCH GROUND SERVICE VEHICLES to 3-digit USER-ENTERED parking code.  This will happen EVEN IF the parking space chosen during flight does NOT have the parking code stored in the BGL SCENERY for that given parking spot.  No more surprises.  No more guessing. No more lottery.

SUB-MENU that opens if user presses "2":

Enter your airline's 3-digit code here:  DAL

If DAL is unavailable, enter a second choice here (leave blank to skip) :  SKW  (Skywest a Delta Affiliate)
IF SKW is unavailable, enter a third choice here (leave blank to skip)   :  ASA  (Alaska Airlines a Delta Affiliate)

Make these choices the DEFAULT ground service vehicles at EVERY AIRPORT?   YES

Save this choice?   YES

Your choice has been saved.

DELTA ground service vehicles will always be used unless your airport scenery pack does not offer them at a given location, in which case your second then third choices will be used - if none are available for your location, a neutral ground services handler (ATS) will be used.

You can change back to random ground service vehicles at any time by going into the SETUP screen for GSX.

Users who fly for Delta Virtual Airlines want to see Delta service vehicles at their gates (both ends).  It isn't realistic to see UNITED or American Airlines handlers when I'm parked in a Delta-painted 737, yes?  This second choice method I propose would be of great benefit to a substantial number of pilots, and likely would greatly enhance your sales!  I can live with seeing my own airline's handlers at any airport -even if that isn't "real world" because I'm in Russia or somewhere else.

GSX is the very best add-on I own - and I wouldn't fly without it.  It's incredible!

Thank you for a wonderful product!

FORUM READERS please chime in with your support if you would like to see this feature added!

Robert McDonald
Delta Virtual Airlines
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:14:34 pm by rsm2000e »

Eisbahn

Re: GSX Setup User-Selectable Ground Service Vehicles by Airline Parking Code
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:49:33 pm »
Why do you post the same stuff in two different posts?

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 08:28:21 pm »
You're right.  I removed the duplicate post from the other thread.  I regard this suggestion as important enough (to me) to give it a separate thread.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Robert

Douglas

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:29:36 pm »
Great idea...
It would be nice to fictitious company

ilTodda91

I don't understand how choose for example Ryanair handler..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I don't understand how choose for example Ryanair handler..

You are replying to a 2+ years old thread!

This feature has been added now, but it's only in the current Couatl 3 Public Beta, discussed here:.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html