Author Topic: GSX Window gone - but Menu buttons still there **SOLVED**  (Read 12875 times)

DaveGi

Re: GSX Window gone - but Menu buttons still there **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 06:23:23 am »
Hi Umberto,

I have tried over half a dozen different key combinations all to no avail, still need your help with this one please.

DaveGi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 09:07:05 am »
I have tried over half a dozen different key combinations all to no avail, still need your help with this one please.

Does the menu appear with Shift+F ( the default key to call the Fuel truck, which GSX intercepts too ) ?

DaveGi

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 04:37:19 am »
The shift+F key command menu appears in a green bar across the top of fsx and states 'No fuel trucks are available at this airport'. I have tried this option at FSDT JFK v2, EDDM and EKCH all state the same message and then it dissapear's.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 09:46:14 am »
The shift+F key command menu appears in a green bar across the top of fsx and states 'No fuel trucks are available at this airport'. I have tried this option at FSDT JFK v2, EDDM and EKCH all state the same message and then it dissapear's.

You said you have the Addon Manager AND the Couatl menus. Do you have the GSX entries under the Couatl menu ? Because, it looks ike GSX is not installed. You might have uninstalled it, and reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager trying to fix this, and perhaps you haven't reinstalled GSX.

DaveGi

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 06:25:29 pm »
Dear Umberto,

Thanks for you patience in walking me through this issue it is with your last response that I have now realised in uninstalling and re-installing GSX/Addon-Manager that I had in fact completely missed re-installing GSX; I feel quite stupid now, however, in my defense I think I lost sight of the tree's for all the wood so to speak. I had repeated the process a number of times following advice in the forum and as did this over a number of days and a number of times due to work etc I lost my way. All OK now cntrl+F12 working thanks to your advice.
My appolgies and thanks again Umberto for the support. FSX just not 'as real as it gets' without GSX!

DaveGi

jgoggi

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 06:58:41 pm »
Umberto, with the coautl beta I can't get the GSX window to appear. I have both Addon Manager and Coautl-powered products in the addon menu (I use FSX Microsoft), but I DON'T have "GSX - Customize parking position", only "GSX-Settings" and "GSX-Customize Aircraft". Everything worked ok with the previous (official) coautl. I tried to rebuild the scenery cache and the coautl cache, but it doesn't work. I have no antivirus installed. Reinstalling GSX makes it work again, but the coautl is no more the new beta one. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:51:08 pm by jgoggi »
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 10:37:01 am »
I DON'T have "GSX - Customize parking position", only "GSX-Settings" and "GSX-Customize Aircraft". Everything worked ok with the previous (official) coautl. I tried to rebuild the scenery cache and the coautl cache, but it doesn't work.

If you don't have the "GSX Customize parking", but you have the other GSX entries, it means that GSX doesn't know which airport you are one. Which can be cause by one of the following:

1) You are not in an airport, and are trying to open those menus when flying or somewhere else outside the airport

OR

2) There's a problem with your cache, which should be fixed by forcing a rebuild, which is done by removing the following folders:

c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
c:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

Do this with the the sim CLOSED, and be sure you wait until BOTH caches are ready.

jgoggi

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2015, 01:02:25 pm »
Umberto, I had already tried removing the folders as you said, but no help. Further, when I want to activate GSX I am ALWAYS standing at an airport (I tried taxiway, apron, runway, but nothing) and I tried at least 5-6 different airports, all working with the previous version.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 02:25:42 pm »
Be sure you install the Couatl 3 Public Beta as the LAST thing you do, AFTER GSX.

Enable Logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the GSX Settings, than restart FSX, go to the same airport you tried before, let the error appear, and see if GSX created a Couatl.LOG file and eventually a Couatl.ERR file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. Send me both files, or at least the Couatl.LOG file, if no .ERR file has been created.

jgoggi

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 07:06:05 am »
Hi Umberto.
 I tried once again installing the Coautl beta, but GSX still not working, nothing happens when I press CTRL+F12. Before installing the beta everything worked perfectly. I also removed the 2 folders c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
c:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

In my GSX menu the option "customize airport positions" does NOT appear, while it appeared correctly before installing the Coautl beta.
Attached please find my Coautl.log file, generated after removing the 2 above folders. The Coautl.err file is not affected (it is present in the folder but its date is not today).
Please, keep in mind that I did not do ANYTHING with the airport sceneries before installing the beta. The situation is: before beta everything ok, then installed the beta (NOTHING ELSE) and GSX doesn't work.
Thank you.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 09:48:30 am »
I tried once again installing the Coautl beta, but GSX still not working, nothing happens when I press CTRL+F12. Before installing the beta everything worked perfectly.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with Couatl or the beta, as your log clearly shows:

Exception while creating airport cache: CreateFileMapping failed because the file has size 0: Operazione completata: "D:\Simulazione\Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Polish Airports vol.1\EPLB_X\scenery\EPLB_ApronLight.bgl" (system:0)
Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in 1 seconds

This file is corrupted, and has a 0 size, which causes a failure in the cache regeneration. I'm fairly sure that, if you fix the file, everything should work again. Assumed you don't have *other* corrupted files, of course...

jgoggi

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 12:52:26 pm »
Thank you Umberto, that was the cause! I had 3 files with 0 byte, 2 were in the polish airports scenery and 1 was KJFK_FSDT.bgl of the FSdreamteam KJFK scenery. Luckily I had a backup on an external drive and could restore the KJFK file, but the two polish files were 0 byte also in the backup. How can that happen? They are AFCAD files, how is it possible that they had been reduced to zero?
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 02:33:52 pm »
How can that happen? They are AFCAD files, how is it possible that they had been reduced to zero?

An AFCAD editing utility (ADE or AFX), which most likely crashed or had a problem when saving. Before you ask, GSX opens an AFCAD on read-only mode, because it doesn't ever need to write into it.