Author Topic: GSX Menu Does Not Appear **SOLVED**  (Read 2397 times)

SkyblueX

GSX Menu Does Not Appear **SOLVED**
« on: April 30, 2015, 02:55:51 am »
So for the first month after my GSX purchase, everything went without a hitch. I rarely ran into problems, in which an error message would pop up telling me that the Couatl engine was not responding (this happens rarely, usually in modded airports). I would just restart GSX through its menu, and it went back to normal. Other than that, I had no problems... until today. So when I fired up FSX for another usual flight, I noticed that the GSX Menu would not appear. I clicked Shift+O (the key I've linked to open up the menu), and nothing happened. Not only that but on the bar on top of the screen (after pressing ALT), the Couatl menu had disappeared without a trace. I have no clue what's causing this. The only abnormal thing I did was download Java (this was so I can install another, unrelated addon). I'm not sure what else would be causing the problem, as I downloaded Java the day before, but I did not check to see how it effected other addons I had.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:08:03 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu Does Not Appear
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 10:35:01 am »
First, you shouldn't have used Shift+O for GSX because, by default, that key is reserved by FSX to toggle the mouse look feature. Maybe that's what is causing the issue, you simply activated mouse look.

If you really cannot use the default keys, it's best to use something more complex which is not used by FSX, for example Shift+TAB+F12.

In any case, have you tried reinstalling GSX ? Also, try to install the latest Couatl 3 Public Beta, which is quite close to become official anyway:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

SkyblueX

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 01:34:26 pm »
Alright then. I did not experience this problem before, and I've been using Shift+0 (I accidentally said 'o'. It was actually the number 0) for a long time. I guess I can try reinstalling GSX, but it is worth noting that I fly offline. Rarely do I get access to the internet (if you're wondering, I'm typing this through my phone). So it is extremely unusual that GSX completely shut down without me noticing.

SkyblueX

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 12:07:06 am »
Although the reinstall did not help, thankfully the new update did work. GSX now works just as it did before. Thanks for your help!