Author Topic: Trouble installing CYVR  (Read 4218 times)

svarog

Trouble installing CYVR
« on: March 27, 2015, 10:00:01 pm »
Hello all. I am having issues installing the CYVR scenery.  I've been checking these forums for the solution but they don't seem to work.  I have the Orbx scenery installed and it is below the yvr scenery.  I am not getting the addon manager displayed in the bar either.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with my antivirus off to no avail.  I took a couple pictures, I'm not sure how to upload them here (I'm not real computer savy).

I seem to not have runway textures and no terminal textures.

I'm using FSX Acceleration SP2
Win 7 64
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:03:40 pm by svarog »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trouble installing CYVR
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 01:05:09 pm »
this thread indicates all the known solutions for missing menu items under the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

Note that, the current version requires the VC++ 2013 runtimes instead so, if you don't see the menu, you are probably missing the VC++ 2013 runtimes in your system, which are required by the latest version of the modules to run. If you download the latest version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, or GSX, or any other FSDT installer, they will be installed automatically.

Also, try to install after a Windows restart.

keithcva51

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 05:50:38 pm »
Hello all. I am having issues installing the CYVR scenery.  I've been checking these forums for the solution but they don't seem to work.  I have the Orbx scenery installed and it is below the yvr scenery.  I am not getting the addon manager displayed in the bar either.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with my antivirus off to no avail.  I took a couple pictures, I'm not sure how to upload them here (I'm not real computer savy).

I seem to not have runway textures and no terminal textures.

I'm using FSX Acceleration SP2
Win 7 64

I also fought with the CYVR scenery for 2.5 hours last night.  Installing the Stand-Alone addon manager did the trick for me.  You can get it here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

I did a full system reboot.  Disabled antivirus and firewall and installed the stand-alone manager.  I then added the exceptions to my antivirus for the two files as posted in a previous thread:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

Not sure what antivirus you use (I use AVG pay version) but I'm sure a quick google search will reveal how to add the exceptions on yours.

Hope it helps!

svarog

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 06:55:28 am »
Ok thanks guys! I did a reboot and installed the add on manager and it worked!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 10:46:14 am »
The installer that is currently online now for CYVR has been updated too, to include the VC++ 2013 runtimes so, for those that didn't had it installed before, and never installed GSX or any other FSDT product and only had CYVR, this shouldn't be a problem anymore and installing another FSDT product, or GSX, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager shouldn't be needed anymore.