Author Topic: incorrect airport at heathrow and manchester  (Read 5553 times)

nekeroom

incorrect airport at heathrow and manchester
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:39:58 pm »
 :'(When landing or starting a flight from either of these airports no gsx services are available because gsx thinks i am the heliport of each airport, any ideas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: incorrect airport at heathrow and manchester
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 03:36:58 pm »
It's probably the case of an "airport inside an airport". If that heliport has its own ICAO code in the AFCAD, it should be enough to disable it from GSX, the GSX manual explains how to create a list of disabled ICAO codes for such cases.

nekeroom

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:26 pm »
Could it be a problem with installed traffic 360 program as i believe this may change some afcad names

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 09:22:39 pm »
Could it be a problem with installed traffic 360 program as i believe this may change some afcad names

The AFCAD name is not a problem, the problem is if you have a small airport, like an heliport or a seaplane base INSIDE the main airport perimeter so, GSX can't decide where you are located. As I've said, if the heliport has its own ICAO code in the AFCAD, it should be enough to disable that ICAO code from GSX. Page 19 of the manual explains how to do that.

nekeroom

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 04:39:04 pm »
This appears to have fixed the problem at Heathrow but not at Manchester , When the helipad code of JFGC is disabled the GSX services cannot be loaded for Manchester code  EGCC     but i have noticed that when i select a parking spot in FSX and select it in the airport box it shows as Manchester helipad and not  the airport , could this be a problem within FSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 05:00:50 pm »
when i select a parking spot in FSX and select it in the airport box it shows as Manchester helipad and not  the airport , could this be a problem within FSX

It's possible FSX has been confused by it just like GSX.

nekeroom

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 02:14:25 pm »
Hi  have reinstalled gsx on fsx steam with traffic 360 installed , some large airport are again not being recognised , i think at for eg heathrow , berlin etc the program thinks i am at the heliport and not the main airport. can i remove the helipd icad ie JFGL for heathrow and how , i tried this and then it didn't recognise any airport at all. any help gratefully received thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 10:54:49 pm »
Hi  have reinstalled gsx on fsx steam with traffic 360 installed , some large airport are again not being recognised

If you have a 3rd party airport installed, which always comes with its own AFCAD, you must remove all the AFCAD files for the same airport that comes with Traffic 360, otherwise they'll cause a conflict, because they are supposed to be used with the default airport only.

And, of course, the 3rd party add-on airport must be on an higher layer on the Scenery Library.