Author Topic: GSX leads to FSX crash on Startup  (Read 3958 times)

Gradl

GSX leads to FSX crash on Startup
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:54:01 pm »
Hello FSDT Team,

since I use the newest Version of GSX my FSX crashes after the startup (where ezDok Camera loads and the main menue comes up). If i deinstall GSX and the Addon Manager the FSX works fine. Is there a know bug or any issures with the Scernery (The FSX is reindexing after the installation) ? The old versions did work without problems ...

System:
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
RAM: 16 GB
Video: Geforce 670 GTX
FlightSim: FSX + ACC
Scenery Addons: Ground Env. X Europe, REX v2

Windows error log:
http://i58.tinypic.com/6ogcbk.jpg

Regards Gradl

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:57:57 pm by Gradl »

Gradl

Re: GSX leads to FSX crash on Startup
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 08:06:29 pm »
It seems I solved it, there were several FSDT Managers. I deinstalled all of them then reinstalled GSX and run the standalone updater.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 09:36:31 pm »
It seems I solved it, there were several FSDT Managers. I deinstalled all of them then reinstalled GSX and run the standalone updater.

There weren't any multiple Addon Managers. If you saw multiple entries for the Addon Manager, they were either for different version of the sim, or (if they had all the same name) they were just multiple registry entries for the uninstaller, which are usually the result of manually removing files without running the proper uninstaller.

But multiple uninstaller entries do not mean you have multiple copies of the program installer, it's always one copy running, it's just you had multiple uninstallers registry entries for it, but this is just a cosmetic issue in the Control Panel, and don't cause any problems.

Instead, since you said you initially installed GSX, but then installed GSX and then the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, the real issue is that one version of the VC++ 2005 libraries is corrupted on your system and, because this sometimes happens, we have the two versions ( the one that comes with GSX and the one that comes with the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ), require two slightly different sub-versions of the VC++ 2005 runtime, hopefully they are not BOTH corrupted on your system so, if one doesn't work, the other will hopefully work instead, that's why when you are having this problem with your runtime libraries, installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as last thing might fix this, while other users might have better success by installing GSX last instead, depending which version of the VC++ runtime is botched in anyone's system.

Gradl

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 09:52:58 pm »
Thanks for the detailed explanation, maybe I should reinstall my VC++ 2005 runtime.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 01:54:37 pm »
Thanks for the detailed explanation, maybe I should reinstall my VC++ 2005 runtime.

We updated the Addon Manager today, so it's no longer dependent on the 2005 runtimes (although FSX itself and Simconnect will still require them to be properly installed), but it will instead use the 2013 versions so, you might want to try the updated version.

If you download and install the updated Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer now, it will install the VC++ 2013 runtimes automatically.