Author Topic: Marshall walking on the wrong side and too far  (Read 2804 times)

omera60

Marshall walking on the wrong side and too far
« on: February 16, 2015, 05:39:47 pm »
Hi All,

I would like to ask for a correction. I am a ramp agent in Istanbul Airport. I would like to state that the Marshall walks to far away from the aircraft while pushing back, we keep max 4-5 meters from the pushback truck and we walk on the first officers side ALL THE TIME unless it's an aircraft like Dash-8 or so. Can you guys please fix this, thanks...

Best,
Omer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshall walking on the wrong side and too far
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 10:25:41 pm »
That's nothing that can be "fixed" easily, it's not obviously a bug, but it's related to the fact that the marshaller is not a real person that can easily alter his walking speed to match the airplane.

It's an animation that is made at a certain frame rate, so it would look funny and wrong if we altered its speed too much like a real person would do, so the min/max speed range the marshaller walks is more limited than what an human could do.

This means, he might be left a bit behind or being too close, depending how the pushback path it's done, its length, etc,. so, it would be very difficult to match the correct distance, without having the animation looks unrealistic.

omera60

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:32:35 pm »
That's nothing that can be "fixed" easily, it's not obviously a bug, but it's related to the fact that the marshaller is not a real person that can easily alter his walking speed to match the airplane.

It's an animation that is made at a certain frame rate, so it would look funny and wrong if we altered its speed too much like a real person would do, so the min/max speed range the marshaller walks is more limited than what an human could do.

This means, he might be left a bit behind or being too close, depending how the pushback path it's done, its length, etc,. so, it would be very difficult to match the correct distance, without having the animation looks unrealistic.

Hi Umberto,

Is it possible change the side he is walking? I know it's not a bug but... :) I would really appreciate if you can just switch the side he is walking, I can live with the other thing I mentioned...

Best,
Omer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 04:23:38 pm »
Is it possible change the side he is walking? I know it's not a bug but... :) I would really appreciate if you can just switch the side he is walking, I can live with the other thing I mentioned...

For the same above reason, the side it's not always constant, it's possible he'll cross it during the walk. But we might be able to change the side he's starts from.