Author Topic: How to change position of airplane? FSX:SE + PMDG 777-300ER + FSDT KLAX + GSX  (Read 4069 times)

klimchuk

777-300ER is a very long airplane and by default FSX puts it way too far forward on parking spot.
It's typical to see cockpit is hiding inside terminal (Gate 109)
I've tried to use Customize vehicle locations button but as soon as I activate it airplane starts to spin like crazy and there is no way to stop it other than press y i.e. exit the mode. It's funny and causing motion sickness at the same time.

Is there any way to consistently move airplane back on ALL parking spots?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:49:19 pm by klimchuk »

Rustydog

This is an FSX issue rather than GSX I think. The only way I have found when this happens to me is to edit the parking position using ADE. This isn't too much of a problem for me as I fly the same 8 routes so only have to edit a few.
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
777-300ER is a very long airplane and by default FSX puts it way too far forward on parking spot. It's typical to see cockpit is hiding inside terminal (Gate 109)

This doesn't have anything to do with GSX, but it's controlled by the scenery AFCAD, which according to how FSX works, will always place the airplane reference point ( the point with the red cross in top view ) in the center of the parking.

I guess we could adjust some parkings to arrange for the longer planes. If you reinstall KLAX or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager now, and reply YES to the question if you want to update the AFCADs made at the end, there's already an updated version online with fixes parkings 106-109 to put the default starting position a bit back.

I've tried to use Customize vehicle locations button but as soon as I activate it airplane starts to spin like crazy and there is no way to stop it other than press y i.e. exit the mode. It's funny and causing motion sickness at the same time.

That feature won't have helped at all, because it's used to change the starting position of the GSX service *vehicles*, not the one of your airplane, which is controlled by the scenery AFCAD instead.

The issue of the airplane slewing around when you select it, it's not a GSX problem, but it's caused by a mis-calibrated joystick (or wrong null-zone) on your system. It can be prevented in one of the following ways:

- Disable the joystick before entering the editor, by pressing CTRL+K

OR

- Calibrate the null zone correctly

OR

- Remove all joystick axes to allow movement of the airplane in SLEW mode. This is probably the best solution.

Is there any way to consistently move airplane back on ALL parking spots?

No, you must edit them, one by one, with an AFCAD editing utility like ADE or AFX.

klimchuk

Thanks a lot guys!

I really appreciate such a thoughtful response. See you in the sky!