Author Topic: European Deicers and Deicing-Areas  (Read 3194 times)

AirbusA330

European Deicers and Deicing-Areas
« on: January 03, 2015, 03:18:00 am »
Hello,

first of all thanks for your great product and the latest vehicles update! Would it be possible to also include european versions of the de-icing trucks, like it was done with the catering trucks?
I took a lot of pictures of the often used Vestergaard Elephant-beta at an airport the last days, and if you need them I could send them to you.

My second question or idea is: At a lot of airports the aircraft aren't de-iced at the gate anymore, but at a special de-icing area near the runway. This reduces the time needed for the deicing process, because the deicers can stay at this position and the aircraft are very close to the runway when they're finished, so they haven't the problem that the holdovertime is nearly over before they reach the runway. Would it be possible to include support for these deicing areas in an update? I think you won't have to do much on the sceneries, De-icing would just have to be available in GSX with running engines and parking brake set.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: European Deicers and Deicing-Areas
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 01:16:11 pm »
I think you won't have to do much on the sceneries, De-icing would just have to be available in GSX with running engines and parking brake set.

Well...no, it wouldn't look right if you could de-ice anywhere, like in the middle of a taxiway with planes behind you waiting for you to be serviced. A proper way should be defining a de-icing area in a scenery, and this is already something we are considering for an update, but it will require scenery customization, possibly even by users.

luko

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 11:33:46 pm »
Let me allow to quote Umberto...

There is possibility to simulate this:

1) You must edit the AFCAD to add a new parking spot in the remote deicing area

2) Start from your normal parking, select Pushback and say you don't want de-icers. Use pushback to get out of there and turn the engines on.

3) After pushback, taxi to the new parking and park there. Set parking brakes on, and turn engines off.

4) Call GSX and choose Pushback and departure again, this time say YES to de-icing, then proceed out of there.

SN737

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 07:59:29 am »
That's a workaround, its not how it's done IRL, the engines would stay ON the entire de-icing procedure when at de-ice pads, so it would make GSX more realistic to be able to request de-icing with engines ON.