Author Topic: Pushback doesn't work even though all other services complete P3D  (Read 16515 times)

acra24

Re: Pushback doesn't work even though all other services complete P3D
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2015, 10:24:53 pm »
When you say reproducible, do you mean by you or me?  Because this is happening every time I use P3D now.  I only have Aerosoft Airbus in use so I will try again tomorrow with a P3D native plane and all my 3rd party stuff off.

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2015, 10:37:09 pm »
When you say reproducible, do you mean by you or me?

By me, of course, so I can check it and see if it's always happening. If I can't reproduce it, maybe it's something related to your configuration, so at least we would know where to start troubleshooting it.

acra24

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 10:26:35 am »
Ok, here goes.

I set up P3D with the default F35A parked at Mil Parking 10 Langley AFB. Nothing else running.

I ran the refuelling which took place fine and then called for pushback but nothing happened. I pressed the pushback option three more times but nothing happened. While the sim was still running I tried to copy the err and log files onto my desktop but for the first time since this issue has occurred I could not copy across the log file until I closed P3D. I got the message, "The action couldn't be completed because the file is open in Couatl Scripting engine for FSX/ESP". That hasn't happened before, I've always been able to copy it with P3D still running. Anyway, after restarting P3D and then going through all the above and then resetting pushback works normally.
I've attached the log and err files again, if they're of any use to you.

Thanks and sorry for the on-going headache.

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 10:39:39 am »
Your Couatl.err file doesn't show any errors since February last year.

Your Couatl.log file doesn't show any errors, just that you customized the airport so, to exclude the chance you made some kind of mistake customizing the airport, try to remove the AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX\klfi-n4wyvq.ini fie you created for this airport.

And, the log shows you are one version behind with the Couatl.exe file, so you are not running the very latest version of GSX. Shouldn't make any difference to this issue, but it's always best to always have the most current version installed.

acra24

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2015, 11:10:32 am »
Hi again

Okay, I think I've tracked down what causes it in my system. It seems that it only happens when I am at a gate that I have not edited using the COUATL menu and then if I use the editor to change any parameters of the parking spot, e.g. radius, baggage loaders, etc. the pushback doesn't happen. However, if I park in that spot again, i.e. shutdown P3D and then park there again and all subsequent occasions it works fine.  This happens with all planes, default and 3rd party.

I hope that proves useful information. In any case, now I've worked it out it isn't really a problem anymore. The reason it took so long to find is because I tend to fly from different airports with different planes a lot.

Thanks

Andrew
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:52:16 am by acra24 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 01:57:14 pm »
if I use the editor to change any parameters of the parking spot, e.g. radius, baggage loaders, etc. the pushback doesn't happen. However, if I park in that spot again, i.e. shutdown P3D and then park there again and all subsequent occasions it works fine.  This happens with all planes, default and 3rd party.

It has been suggested already that, after you edit a parking, it's usually best if you "Restart Couatl" to use the modified parking. This should be the same as restart the sim, but of course it's way faster.

acra24

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 05:39:09 pm »
Ok. That's what I'll do. My trouble is that often the category SMALL or MEDIUM at a gate doesn't correspond to the actual size when I get there in a lot of 3rd party airports. Thanks for the help anyway, one day I'll have edited all the gates.. and then P3D will be out in 64bit (I hope ::)) and then it'll be back to square one.

Best

Andrew