Author Topic: Something weird with GSX  (Read 5655 times)

tkemp66

Something weird with GSX
« on: January 05, 2015, 08:13:39 am »
I don't believe this is normal but ever since installing de-icer I have seen this one issue continuously. The issue is that I have to select No. 6 to reset GSX once the de-icer is completed otherwise I will not get a  push back vehicles to operate. Apart from that, everything else is fine. I also uninstalled and reinstalled GSX from the web  and the same thing happen. Is this normal?

Troy

System
Win7-64
FSX
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Something weird with GSX
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:15:39 pm »
Which airplane you used ?

tkemp66

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 08:35:42 pm »
PMDG777, MD-11 and 737.
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 08:53:37 pm »
Have both deicers gone away ?

tkemp66

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 10:42:19 pm »
Yes they have.Once completely gone I wait for a minute to see if anything else would happen. Nothing happens. So I call up GSX again with the crtl+F12, select No. 5 - Push back. It ask again if I want de-icer, so I say no, but then nothing happens. If I select Pushback again, it repeats the same process over and over again unless I reset GSX
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 11:05:16 pm »
Tried it just now with the PMDG 777, and it doesn't happen, after de-icing, I get the normal pushback request. Which airport and gate you were on ?

tkemp66

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 11:27:45 pm »
It has been happening since you released de-icer. So basically from every airport I fly from that requires de-icing. Most recently, a flight from Aerosoft LSZH last night and from Flytampa's Vienna a few nights ago. I even tried KORD-FSX default, and Fsdreamteam KJFK...same thing happens. In fact this was all happening before I reinstalled FSX last week and with all new downloads of addon manager, GSX and KJFK (all Fsdreamteam owned) it still happens.
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 11:33:49 pm »
Can you please specify an airport and gate ? An FSDT scenery would be best in this case.

tkemp66

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 11:36:21 pm »
Ok will do, but not until tomorrow. Thanks
Troy Kemp

Hnla

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 12:03:15 am »
I also have experienced this issue. I was at a gate at Flytampa's Midway, however I cannot recall which gate.

I will do more investigation
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:06:47 am by Hnla »

tkemp66

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 08:56:44 pm »
OK. So I took a flight last night from Aerosoft's EDDF to Flightbeam's kSFO. From EDDF I had the same issue where I had to reset  GSX just so I can get push-back to work. This morning after I landed in KSFO I decided to re-download addon manager, GSX Vehicles update5 and the latest version of GSX. I installed them in that same order. I then loaded a new flight from FSDT KJFK Gate 22, PMDG 777 to Imageinsim KDEN. Everything same to work worked well...i.e, after the de-icers left, GSX automatically prompted for a Push back. I will  duplicate the same flight last night EDDF-KSFO to see if it will work since the updates.
Troy Kemp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 09:44:38 pm »
I decided to re-download addon manager, GSX Vehicles update5 and the latest version of GSX.

I'm happy that it seems to have been fixed. Just a remark: in any case you re-download the current GSX Full installer, you don't need to download anything else. The Full installer is always kept updated with the latest vehicles and it comes with the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

The only time you might want to download a vehicle updates, is to update just the vehicles, without downloading the full installer. Same for the Addon Manager.