Author Topic: Passenger Buses  (Read 3879 times)

edwardpat

Passenger Buses
« on: December 29, 2014, 07:47:05 pm »
Hi all:

Could FSDT confirm if those passenger buses used in airports for boarding and deboarding passengers from aircraft parked in ramp/places where there are no jetways, were removed from the latest patch/version of GSX?. In my setup I'm not seeing them anymore, just an small van.

Thxs in advance,

Edward

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger Buses
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 07:52:32 pm »
They are still there, and are working normally.

If you see a small van in place of a bus, it means the estimated number of passengers on board is very low, most likely because you haven't loaded the airplane.

Do you use the Aerosoft Airbus, perhaps ? See here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10873.msg85247.html#msg85247

edwardpat

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 01:26:21 am »
Hi, thanks, now I understand better, and yes, I'm using the Aerosoft Airbus (excellent simulation, btw). Thank you for directing me to a previous thread regarding this issue. Anyway, it looks to me quite unrealistic to set de number of passengers and cargo first, load both of them, and then after call GSX for boarding. Kindly ask FSDT if it could be a workaround for this issue in the near future.

Best regards,

Edward

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 11:04:33 am »
Anyway, it looks to me quite unrealistic to set de number of passengers and cargo first, load both of them, and then after call GSX for boarding. Kindly ask FSDT if it could be a workaround for this issue in the near future.

No workaround can be made, because what you are asking, is that GSX should load the airplane for you, and this could easily create a LOT of issues because each 3rd product has its own specific knowledge of its loading process, and they have even different interpretations of the MEANING of the different loading stations, since FSX doesn't have a sure way to identify the TYPE of loading station, it just give it a label that can be set freely, but nothing is telling us if that station is passengers, luggage or cargo or what else.

So, the most sensible choice is just how it is right now: regardless if you load your airplane, GSX will ESTIMATE the number of passengers on board FROM it, not trying to alter it or control it.

And of course, nothing stops you to alter the loading AFTER you called GSX, but you can't expect GSX would PREVENT you to change the payload after you boarded with GSX, even if this would be somewhat more "realistic"...

edwardpat

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 07:16:34 pm »
Thanks, clear enough.

Edward