Author Topic: Editing  (Read 3728 times)

mikezc128

Editing
« on: December 10, 2014, 03:31:39 am »
Is it possible to edit scenery? I have the LAS scenery and have a virtual airline. There is nothing wrong with it I just want to add a hanger for our MX and wondering if there is a way to do that.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Editing
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:43:34 am »
If you have a program like Instant Scenery from Flight1 you can add a hangar in real time in the sim so you can see where your putting it.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=instscen

Or for free you can use ADEX and place it as well. The only thing is you can't see the placement in real time in the sim and you will have to add it to the FSDT existing AFCAD. Still do able more time consuming to try a get it lined up and placed perfectly.

I've used Instant Scenery for years and it's great for adding objects and stuff to existing scenery or making your own. The link I provided is for version 1, but they actually have Instant Scenery 2 and 3 as well at Flight1.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 06:52:59 am »
add a hanger

Btw, in case you hang around with people in aviation it's hangar not hanger.  A hanger is something to hang your clothes on and a hangar is a building you put a plane in.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 08:58:44 pm »
add a hanger

Btw, in case you hang around with people in aviation it's hangar not hanger.  A hanger is something to hang your clothes on and a hangar is a building you put a plane in.

:D :D :D Hahaha
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

mikezc128

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 10:30:27 pm »
How do you add it to the existing AFCAD?

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 02:10:53 am »
How do you add it to the existing AFCAD?

Go to scruffyduck and download the latest version of ADEX for your chosen sim and install it. If I recall since it's been a while since I installed it, I think you need the SDK installed if your using FSX.  ADEX comes with instructions on how to place objects, so just follow the instructions that come with it. For this reason, using Instant Scenery might be easier to do it but it's not free.