Author Topic: Can't update GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 2820 times)

LSky

Can't update GSX **SOLVED**
« on: November 02, 2014, 10:42:36 pm »
Hi all,

I've recently had a problem with updating GSX, it no longer checks for new updates for me. When I click on "Check Live Update" from the addon menu, it will show me an error message twice saying that it can't connect to the remote server. I've turned off firewall, also tried using VPN but none helps. Please let me know if you know a solution to fix this.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:26:18 pm by leebros »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't update GSX
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 10:37:22 am »
As I already toldy by email, since you are located in Vietnam, you must use some kind of VPN service to access the update site, there's no way around, because we use a 3rd party service to shield us from malware and/spyware ( 95% of spam is coming from just 2-3 countries ), and they have those kind of settings at the server level we don't have much control on it.

But in any case, if you just download the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX, it will install the same things that are supposed to be get online, because it always kept updated to contain the latest online files internally, which means it will work and install the same stuff even without an internet connection.

LSky

Re: Can't update GSX
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 06:16:02 pm »
Thank you for your response. Before posting this thread I did try using VPN already but it didn't help. I have just tried restarting my PC, started the VPN client again, launched FSX and finally the addon manager can connect to your servers now.  :D