Author Topic: Floating Lights  (Read 5075 times)

gfd

Floating Lights
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:55:33 am »
Greetings

I am using P3D 2.4. I notice lately, that there appear to be lights about 3M off the ground floating past the aircraft as I taxi. I am not suggesting this is an FSDT issue (or anyone else's for that matter). I am wondering what might be causing it and what could be done to make it go away.

Thanks
Graham

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Floating Lights
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 09:04:59 am »
Can't see anything like that. It would be useful if you would give precise coordinates when this happens, so we can check better.

gfd

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 01:21:07 pm »
I'll do a window screenshot next time I see this and post it. I must point out that this also happened at KFHR (Friday Harbor), which is not your airport.

That may be of concern to you as well as other scenery developers.

Graham

gfd

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 05:09:03 am »
I did a screenshot of the floating lights going past the aircraft windshield at the hold short for 8-L at CYVR. You can catch the co-ordinates in the screenshot. I also caught one when I was approaching the taxiway. If you want that as well, let me know.

Thanks,
Graham

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 11:09:32 am »
I went to the same place, and can't see any floating lights. Maybe they come with an AI airplane that is invisible because is not a native FSX model.

gfd

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 05:23:52 am »
Your knowledge of this sort of thing, far surpasses my own. I gave you this in case it might concern you as a developer. As stated earlier, I also experienced this at KFHR. That is an Orbx airport...part of Pacific Northwest. I thought perhaps there was something in P3D that you may wish to examine. What I will do is revisit this with AI deactivated in scenery.cfg. See what happens.

Cheers,
Graham

gfd

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 11:02:37 pm »
Hi,

FYI. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this. With or without AI.

Graham

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 10:33:43 am »
The only thing sure, it's nothing related to the scenery. It's a problem (or bug) related to how P3D renders special effects, but in CYVR all lights are custom made and without special effects, so it's surely something else in the background scenery, not the airport.