Author Topic: Solution for FSX CTD after Addon Manager Update  (Read 2075 times)

AirbusManiac

Solution for FSX CTD after Addon Manager Update
« on: September 07, 2014, 02:50:59 pm »
Hello folks,

I read a lot about problems for people here after they had updated the addon manager and reported, that FSX is crashing to desktop without error report.
Virtuali provided help to them with hints and tips but people very often reported back, that nothing helped. I am not willling to repeat what Virtuali gave as hints in his replies, simply check out yourself using the search function here.

What I can say from my side is:
Virtuali is completely right in his hints. That means: The addon manager and coatl are both working perfect!!
No need to complain (from what I read in several posts here) about addon manager and coatl!!!

On the other hand, Virtuali offered a teamviewer session to provide help in this situation. Nothing personal against Virtuali, but I myself would not offer a teamviewer session to unknown people, but that is something different that will not be discussed here in any way.

To all people, who have the CTD problem after updating the addon manager, I can tell you for sure: IT IS YOUR FAULT!! Why? Sorry, but it is a delicate item that cannot be discussed in public. And I fully understand, why Virtuali is not making the solution public. But as I have the solution, you can email me any time you want and I am telling you 1) Why the solution is not public and 2) What the solution finally is.

So folks, do not bother Virtuali again with "... it is still not working and I am not going to buy FSDT products anymore." I repeat: It is your own fault!
It took me several hours to find, why FSX is going to CTD, but it was worth the effort.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:57:56 pm by AirbusManiac »