Author Topic: Demo Version Transparent Something and Fuel Truck  (Read 2803 times)

Machofner

Demo Version Transparent Something and Fuel Truck
« on: August 20, 2014, 04:43:50 pm »
I have the latest DEMO version. I am at KSFO at a gate. When I select fuel some vehicle with only the driver pulls up behind the plane. The fuel truck shows up with only the driver no truck showing. Going through the rest of boarding and baggage loading all vehicles are displayed fine. I am using FSX.

Thanks

Bill

Operating System... Window 7 Ultimate 64
GEForce 660 ti
FSUIPC/FSUIPC4 Version Number 4.5.7.0
Simulator... FS X Deluxe with Acceleration
Browser Type and Version MS Internet Explorer
CPU(s) Speed Intel i7 CPU 2.67 GHz
DRAM size 6GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Demo Version Transparent Something and Fuel Truck
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 05:43:05 pm »
It might be a problem with your video drivers or settings, or video memory corruption.

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

Machofner

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 02:39:24 pm »
Sorry! But I should not have to do that to get your product working on my computer.

Thanks for the quick reply and the demo version. But I'll pass.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 02:57:14 pm »
Sorry! But I should not have to do that to get your product working on my computer.

You don't have to do what "just" to get our product working.

You have a problem with your FSX.CFG or your video driver, and you are mislead thinking it's anything related to our product because you noticed it now, but that doesn't mean you don't have the problem, you simply haven't found another add-on that would expose that issue you are already having, yet.

GSX objects use only 100% FSX standard materials and settings, so if your system cannot display them properly, it's a sure indication of a problem with your settings.

The most likely problem is an FSX tweak that you applied that doesn't work well with your video drivers.

Thanks for the quick reply and the demo version. But I'll pass.

You are obviously free to make wrong choices, that's your system, but the problem will surely resurface again with another add-on, so you'll have to do it anyway. In fact, you should be grateful, instead, that installing GSX has exposed something that you are supposed to fix. It's only your loss if you don't act on it.