Author Topic: FSX - ZurichX 1.5.1 and Geneva 1.3 - no buildings  (Read 4881 times)

Relax

FSX - ZurichX 1.5.1 and Geneva 1.3 - no buildings
« on: June 23, 2010, 07:15:45 am »
Three weeks ago I made a complete fresh install of OS (Windows 7 64 bit), FSX, ZurichX 1.5.1 and Geneva 1.3.  Both sceneries were working fine.

Yesterday I installed and activated QualityWings Ultimate 757 Collection FSX 1.1. This add-on is working. However, I lost all buildings in Zurich and Geneva. Zurich and Geneva are still marked with "Product ACTIVE" in the Addon Manager 2.7.0.23.

Please advise.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:44:16 am by Relax »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX - ZurichX 1.5.1 and Geneva 1.3 - no buildings
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:45:55 am »
Since you see both the Qualitywings 757 AND the Addon Manager, it means it's not a problem of that software, because it's running.

Do you have the "Couatl powered" menu under the "Addon menu" ? If not, it's most likely an antivirus problem. In this case, try the following:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered plugins" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Relax

Re: FSX - ZurichX 1.5.1 and Geneva 1.3 - no buildings
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:47:03 am »
This has resolved the problem.

Grazie Mille.