Author Topic: ERROR with Addon Manager installed before GSX  (Read 7293 times)

Parmenides

ERROR with Addon Manager installed before GSX
« on: August 12, 2014, 12:21:24 am »
couatl v2.0 (build 2364)
panic log started on Tue Aug 12 00:18:38 2014

problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised

get spammed with this every 2 secs.

I have a fresh Win7 Pro installation (installed from DVD today) , only FSX Acceleration, FSIUPC, and Addon Manager installed.

UAC off , Defender OFF, Addon Manager installed as Administrator, no Antivirus program yet since fresh install, FSX has admin rights

When installing GSX I do have the same issue

EDIT / UPDATE

After reading this post http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=9245.0

I stoped processes on my system and it seems to work now have to check what it was but it could been Kraken , or NVIDIA since I have not much processes running on this fresh system will check and write findings

UPDATE 2

Its Razer Synapse which I use with my Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset????

Task Manager shows:    Kraken Razer Inc  C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Reazer_Kraken_Driver\Drivers\SysAudio\KrakenSysAudioLauncher.exe /start

How in hell can Razer Audio Launcher interfere with couatl inside FSX???

and what should I do now?

regarding https://www.slimwareutilities.com/community/info.php?id=830142&type=startup I should keep the launcher for proper working.

ADDITIONAL COMMENT
I must say that at first this software had me to buy a new HD and to install windows 7 again since with my standard windows I had the unknown component error of the Admin Manager when I started FSX and it crashed FSX although I did all the Virus checks , VC 2005 reinstall stuff .. about 20 times. Took me about 5 hours to check all and I went through all sugested posts checking everything known so far. Than I gave up. And I had to reactivate my FSX by phone with MS since my license pool went dry after multiple installs and testing.

I am dissatisfied now why must paying customers get so much pain?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 01:27:05 pm by Parmenides »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ERROR with Addon Manager installed before GSX
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 12:10:20 am »
Its Razer Synapse which I use with my Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset????

Yes, this is one of the very few software products that are known to cause this.

How in hell can Razer Audio Launcher interfere with couatl inside FSX???

You tell me...in fact, you should probably ask the developers of that product, why it needs to create a Global hook, which is a very invasive and potentially dangerous programming technique. It means is attaching to every running executable of your system, and is intercepting all the messages they are exchanging with Windows, like each time you click the mouse, press a key, etc.

I am dissatisfied now why must paying customers get so much pain?

You mean paying customers of the kraken audio headset, that paid to have an executable that is attaching to each and every running executable in your system ? Yes, I agree with you, that's not a practice any software should do, imagine if OUR software did that...

Took me about 5 hours to check all and I went through all sugested posts checking everything known so far.

Searching our forum for the error message you posted "addonExecutable integrity compromised", would have resulted in several threads with the known causes, including some about the Razer Audio Launcher software:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9887.msg78274.html#msg78274
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9809.msg77228.html#msg77228

regarding https://www.slimwareutilities.com/community/info.php?id=830142&type=startup I should keep the launcher for proper working.

According to this user that had the same problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10316.msg80491.html#msg80491

The headset works fine without that software.

But you might not be forced to get rid of it entirely, perhaps it's JUST a specific option that is causing this, in case of the the ATI Tray Tools, the offending option is the "API monitoring", turn it off, and it will work, maybe that headset software has a similar option (look for something related to global hotkeys) that needs to be turned off.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:12:24 am by virtuali »

Parmenides

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:41:29 pm »
What about writing more self describing error messages giving a hint that software x y z could be the reason for it.
This message tells us users nothing at all
"problem raised by engine or unspecified addonExecutable integrity compromised"

Than we would not have to search forums at all. You could have more happier customers with it.

and ... Kraken does not work without Launcher (no mic) for me so good bye MCE or GSX hmmm ..... is there any chance for a solution? I have absolutely no idea where to look at kraken to change API monitoring

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:13:36 pm by Parmenides »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 12:53:33 am »
What about writing more self describing error messages giving a hint that software x y z could be the reason for it.

I'll have to check if it's possible to know the name of the executable that is trying to attach to our software, I'm not sure.

and ... Kraken does not work without Launcher (no mic) for me so good bye MCE or GSX hmmm ..... is there any chance for a solution?

What Razer has to say about this ?

I have absolutely no idea where to look at kraken to change API monitoring

I haven't said that the Kraken software has an API monitoring function. I've said that the ATI Tray tools DOES work together with Couatl, if you just turn off that option, it might be named entirely different in the Kraken software, which is why I said to check for something related to handling hotkeys, or popup windows, or similar.

What about asking to Razer support ? They surely must know what option in their program does a Global hook on all executables, and if it's possible to turn it off.