Author Topic: Problem with scenery working  (Read 4280 times)

sonebone

Problem with scenery working
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:18:48 am »
After reading the forums on KJFK and KLAX I learned I am not the only one having trouble with getting these two sceneries to load properly in FSX. They install properly but don't work. I tried all the suggestions you have given other people. I look to see if the Couatl is present and of course its not. I have installed KLAS KFLL KORD and KDFW and they load up fine with the Couatl present but as soon as you load either jfk or LAX the couatl disappears. I have no anti virus running so that's not the problem. I have also checked for untrustworthy sites, that's not it. Checked compatibility and that's not either....So I am lost and looking to you for more suggestions. Thank you
E6850 3GB, 4 GB ram, 500GB sata 2 HD, EVGA 470 GTX, Windows XP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with scenery working
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 08:36:05 am »
I have installed KLAS KFLL KORD and KDFW and they load up fine with the Couatl present but as soon as you load either jfk or LAX the couatl disappears.

It seems you haven't updated the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and ignored the major update warning that was issued through Live Update some days ago.

sonebone

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 05:48:52 pm »
Forgive me but I am not familiar with live update and where do I get the upgrade for add-on mgr? I really want to get this straight............Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 05:51:01 pm »
The Live Update message pops out automatically in FSX, but if you chose to ignore it, it won't alert you again, until the next update. You can download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer from any "Info" page of every product, on the left column of the web page.

sonebone

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 08:22:27 am »
You say the live update pops out on FSX.....well I just installed this for the first time and just started working with it and as I said never noticed any pop up updates...Since you responded that this past "major update" deals with the problems I am having installing JFK and LAX can you l
just send me the update or whatever needed files I need to correct the couatl problem? Right now I have paid for your sceneries but am not able to use it.....I will look on my own for the add-on Manager reinstall.....Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 08:30:45 am »
You say the live update pops out on FSX.....well I just installed this for the first time and just started working with it and as I said never noticed any pop up updates...

If you installed it for the first time, you are updated, so you shouldn't see any further Live Update messages. I've based my reply on your report, with BOTH Addon Manager and Couatl menus being visible, and the Couatl menu disappearing ONLY at KJFK and KLAX.

This seems to indicate that you don't have the latest Addon Manager files, which is odd, since every FSDT installer (scenery, GSX, etc ) always downloads the very latest version of everything.

Since you responded that this past "major update" deals with the problems I am having installing JFK and LAX can you l
just send me the update or whatever needed files I need to correct the couatl problem?

As I've said:

You can download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer from any "Info" page of every product, on the left column of the web page.

That's the only thing you need to do to be sure everything is updated. Just do it after the sceneries, because that installer only updates sceneries that are found when the installer runs.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:34:32 am by virtuali »