Author Topic: Installing products on a computer with no internet access  (Read 2413 times)

fishbait32

Installing products on a computer with no internet access
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:53:36 pm »
Ok,

So I bought KIAH, and JFK V2. I know the installers only contain like half of the airport while it downloads the remaining portion during the install process. The problem is, I have the installer, but the computer I'm installing on does not have internet access, so when it tries to download the remaining part of the airport, it fails.

I searched the forums and found a similar post saying they needed to download the trial version and do the offline activation. I got my 2 offline activation codes, but need to reinstall the actual airport files.

Are there complete airport installers that don't require internet access to download the remaining portion of it, or do I need the trial version and do offline activation?

What I have done in the mean time is install the airports and the latest Addon Manager into a fake Prepar3D folder on my flash drive. I tried copying the folders and merging them into my offline flight sim computer, and the add on manager sees they are installed, though they do not show up in my scenery list, nor visible when flying at that airport. So a reinstall is needed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installing products on a computer with no internet access
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:37:21 am »
I know the installers only contain like half of the airport while it downloads the remaining portion during the install process.

Not the case. The installer contains EVERYTHING needed for the scenery to work.

The problem is, I have the installer, but the computer I'm installing on does not have internet access, so when it tries to download the remaining part of the airport, it fails.

No, it doesn't, it tells you there's no internet connection, and it offers you the option to press the "Next" button, to use local files.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:57:38 am by virtuali »