Author Topic: Majestic Q400 Engines Will Not Start After GSX Pushback  (Read 5804 times)

J3Solo

Majestic Q400 Engines Will Not Start After GSX Pushback
« on: June 21, 2014, 02:17:03 pm »
Request for pushback gets the "engines must be stopped " message.
Engines are already stopped so I press the FSX keys for Idle Cutoff.
GSX will then provide a pushback.
However engines will never start after this. Even reverting to cold/dark and repeating start procedures.
I even changed to a different Q400 and still not able to start engines.
Also restarted Coualti engine with no success
Pressed FSX key combo for Mixture full rich to cancel that earlier Idle Cutoff .
I would really like to use GSX with this plane.
Is there something I am doing wrong?
Thanks for any help with this
Neal H

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Majestic Q400 Engines Will Not Start After GSX Pushback
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 07:16:30 pm »
I don't see how this has anything to do with GSX. You stopped the engines using the standard FSX key so, the real question would be, for the Majestic developers, how to turn their engines back on, after having pressed the standard fuel cutoff keys.

What happens if you press CTRL+E ?

The issue is, that airplane use a non-standard flight model and simulation but, if its internal status is not copied back to the relevant FSX standard simulation variables, you are going to have issues with ANY 3rd party add-on that relies on them to enquiry any of those variables for any reason.

Is there a published SDK for this airplane ?

Heronjr

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 05:50:42 am »
Hi,

The real problem between GSX and the Majestic Q400 is that, during pushback, you cannot start the engine. I noted that, after pushback is started, if I proceed to turn number 2 using the upper panel switches and pushing conditioner lever 2 to allow fuel flow (1st position), nothing happens UNTIL pushback cart stops. At this very moment, engine 2 starts magically.

When the guy detaches the pushback pin from the front gear, he says (AGAIN!) that you're cleared to start engines. He said that before pushback. It would be nice if he says "you're cleared to start number 1".

What I am doing is start GSX pushback ignoring the first clearance to start engines, and start my engines just after the pushback cart stops at the taxiway, at the second clearance to start.

Regards,

Heron

J3Solo

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:07:22 pm »
I will try it your way Heron and hope it works.
I have tried every routine that I can think of to get engines to start but after GSX pushback nothing works. I even returned to cold and dark , started everything all over but when an engine start button is depressed nothing happens.
Reloading the plane doesn't fix it/
Ditto restarting GSX.
The Q400 engines will start under ANY conditions except when GSX pushback is used.
Sounds crazy I know, but don't see any other reason for it.
I really want these two to work together. Both are really superb additions to FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 03:51:54 pm »
The Q400 engines will start under ANY conditions except when GSX pushback is used. Sounds crazy I know, but don't see any other reason for it.

As already explained on the forum, GSX doesn't do ANYTHING to the Q400 and doesn't touch ANY of its variables, either standard or custom (we don't even know or care what they are).

The only thing that GSX does when pushing an airplane, is to send the standard Simconnect FREEZE events and the SIM DISABLED variable to the airplane when pushback starts, and the opposite "Unfreeze" and "re-enable" command when Pushback ends. Whatever internal simulation stops working when the simulation is disabled, is all happening inside the Q400, because everything works on an airplane that doesn't use a custom flight model or custom engine model.

In addition to that, GSX also sets a custom L: variable named FSDT_VAR_Frozen, that any other add-on can read, to know if it's being pushed by GSX, we added explicitly for the benefit of the Q400 developers, just because it might be easier to check than the other two.

So, they can check if GSX is pushing in several different ways, so they have all the means to behave like any other FSX airplane, in relationship to GSX. It's up to them to act on our support, since it's there since a year by now, we can't do anything more from our side.

J3Solo

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 04:00:47 pm »
It's up to them to act on our support, since it's there since a year by now, we can't do anything more from our side.

Thank you for your response. Seems as if my post should be moved to the Majestic Forum. The fix you provided  should be available from them.
Regards