Author Topic: Problem with GSX (Couatl engine)  (Read 4313 times)

MAtt_FSX

Problem with GSX (Couatl engine)
« on: June 14, 2014, 12:19:30 pm »
Hello there, firstly I would like to use the oportunity to thank your for the amazing GSX. It really has enhanced my flight simulator experience.

Unfortunately, since I have updated GSX to the latest version, I get a Couatl engine error that I have been unable to fix and require your help.

The error log (couatl.err) states the following:

couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
panic log started on Fri Jun 13 11:48:04 2014

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 205, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 286, in run
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive

couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
panic log started on Fri Jun 13 12:25:23 2014

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 205, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 286, in run

actually I havenĀ“t changed anything on my system that might cause problems, I use the AVG Internet Security, I have a Geforce GTX 550Ti, Windows 7, it is an Intel Core i3-2100 with 8gb RAM. FSX add-ons: ORBX, Opus FX for weather and VPilot (Vatsim).

I would really appreciate your help a lot in order to fix this issue. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you very much!

MAtt_FSX

Re: Problem with GSX (Couatl engine)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 12:25:29 pm »
just one more thing, when I download the GSX installer AND the vehicle update, the anti virus tells me that it is malware. Might that be the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 10:17:43 am »

This issue has been discussed many times already ( you could have searched the forum for "cruise speed must be positive" ), for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10287.msg80270.html#msg80270
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9747.msg76931.html#msg76931

This error indicates the scenery AFCAD has an error, like overlapping nodes, orphaned nodes, unconnected links, unreachable parkings, etc. You might try to fix it using the ADE or AFX "Fault Finder" options, or at least having an idea what's wrong with the AFCAD, and report it to the developers.

just one more thing, when I download the GSX installer AND the vehicle update, the anti virus tells me that it is malware. Might that be the problem?

This has been discussed even more times, and of course it's a bug of your antivirus, that is detecting a false positive. When the antivirus is defective, you should proceed as follows:

- Download and install with the Antivirus TURNED OFF, entirely

- BEFORE trying to launch FSX for the firs time, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

YamahaR1Rider

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 01:22:53 pm »
I have this problem with the Couatl engine crashing even after I downloaded the Addon Manager from your site.

Any suggestions please? If you need the logs, could you please point me in the direction where I could find them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 10:43:11 am »
I have this problem with the Couatl engine crashing even after I downloaded the Addon Manager from your site.

Check if you are having this problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10389.msg80938.html