Author Topic: FSX Key Presses for "2nd, 3rd, Exit" **SOLVED**  (Read 4756 times)

wingclip

FSX Key Presses for "2nd, 3rd, Exit" **SOLVED**
« on: May 04, 2014, 11:24:54 pm »
Hi Folks,
I bought GSX back in January 2014 but I didn't actually install it until two or three days ago, (around 5-1 or 2- 2014). So I'm just learning and things are going very good and as expected. I haven't used many of the options yet but I'm adding to what I learn a little at a time.

Here's the problem, (and it's NOT with GSX functions). I have NEVER been able to make certain FSX key commands work. Like the problem with opening and closing specific Exits/doors in order to get the Boarding/un-boarding operations to work with GSX.

I press Shft + E and that opens an exit. I have no idea which one it will open, but it does open one. Then GSX prompts start reminding me to open the "2nd Exit" and I would, if I knew how ???. The plane I was using in this case was the Just Flight DC 6B. The plane has several working doors and I think the one that GSX was prompting me for was for the catering service.

Just Flight, Aerosoft, Milviz, etc. all have instructions that are the same when it comes to opening doors; press Shft+E+2, 3, 4 etc. I tried it in various combinations like Shft+2/3/4+E and the same thing happens, either nothing happens or only one exit or door opens and that’s it >:(.

Another example is with the “engine auto start” commands to start a specific engine. The Key assignments say press Ctrl + E + 1 or 2 or 3 etc. But there's no way that I can get to any of the engines because Ctrl + E Starts them all before I can select one!

I have tried using the number pad numbers but if I recall, that didn’t work either. Frankly, I have to go and startup FSX, (to look at the drop-down key command list), so I can see if there’s a way I can assign my own key combo for specific doors.

However, I seem to recall trying that once and there was some problem… I can’t remember wha :-\t. I’ll have to check that out and see but if I’m overlooking something, I was hoping someone could point it out :o.

Push comes to shove, I’ll have to figure out FSUIPC, (I have a payware version of that but don't like to mess with it because it gets into stuff I really prefer not to do), so it’s not like I don’t have some options… I think it’s not, anyway.
Thanks, Rich
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:56:47 pm by virtuali »
Corsair 780T case/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB x 3600MHz RAM/ EVGA SN 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (5.2GHz)/ RTX-3080 Ti/ EK-Quantum CPU block/ EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (fit to ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir: 900 mL/ 2 Rads: 240 & 120 mm Psh/Pll

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Key Presses for "2nd, 3rd, Exit"
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 10:48:55 am »
First, be sure you have your key settings set to default. If not, use the option on the FSX control settings to set all key presses to default.

To open a door, and to use ANY command that requires an initial key press and then a 1, 2, 3, etc. you must first press the initial key (SHIFT+E for the doors), and then, after a very brief PAUSE, a number on the main keyboard (NOT the small numeric keypad).

You simply have to get your timing right...

And, to open the main door, you don't need to press Shift+E and then 1. Just SHIFT+E. The additional number is required only for doors 2 to 4.

wingclip

Re: FSX Key Presses for "2nd, 3rd, Exit"
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 05:45:43 pm »
Thank you Sir! That's exactly what I was doing wrong. The ‘Timing’! I'd press the combination too fast and sometimes, I'd get it right but didn't know why!  ::)
I appreciate it and please consider this topic resolved.
Rich
Corsair 780T case/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB x 3600MHz RAM/ EVGA SN 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (5.2GHz)/ RTX-3080 Ti/ EK-Quantum CPU block/ EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (fit to ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir: 900 mL/ 2 Rads: 240 & 120 mm Psh/Pll