Author Topic: GSX at smaller airports with smaller aircraft  (Read 3343 times)

stuarth

GSX at smaller airports with smaller aircraft
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:14:49 pm »
Firstly I don't yet have GSX, but am considering purchasing in the near future.  However currently I mostly fly for FlyUK around Scotland using the Aerosoft DHC6 and was wondering what service GSX could provide at regional Scotflight / ORBX airports without too much configuration. Does one need to make cfg files for each airport, in order for instance to use the marshaller,  pushback, passenger boarding, even if other aspects such as catering and baggage handling would not work?

Also, is there an updated consolidated list of aircraft supported by GSX?

Thanks
Stuart

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX at smaller airports with smaller aircraft
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 10:26:13 pm »
Does one need to make cfg files for each airport, in order for instance to use the marshaller,  pushback, passenger boarding, even if other aspects such as catering and baggage handling would not work?

No configuration is needed for GSX to work on any random airport, that's the most important GSX feature: it works automatically everywhere, the "supported airport" concept doesn't exist.

However, you CAN customize a scenery, to improve and fine-tune eventual specific issue with a parking, like buildings too close to the stand, static scenery objects in conflict with the vehicles default starting positions, parking radiuses, pushback directions, etc.

Also, is there an updated consolidated list of aircraft supported by GSX?

When we started the list, GSX didn't had the ability for users to easily create/edit their own airplane configuration, so an updated list of airplane supported by GSX was needed. Not so much with the current version, because creating a new config for an airplane, especially if it doesn't use non-standard variables for doors, is very simple, shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes in the graphical editor. And the most popular payware airplanes that usually require the more difficult configurations, are all supported.

stuarth

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:34:08 pm »
Many thanks for your prompt reply. Sounds great. I am planning on getting MCE too, which I understand also voice interfaces with GSX to request services.
Thanks again,
Stuart

craigt47

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 12:24:37 am »
I use this with the js4100 all the time, it takes some playing with to get it right but works perfect. Cannot see why this would not work with your plane