Author Topic: Couatl  (Read 3691 times)

llNewton

Couatl
« on: March 02, 2014, 08:05:40 pm »
Hi!

I have recently purchased GSX together with some FSDT airports. I wonder why you added Couatl with them? I have never noticed any difference even though it is updating pretty often. Is there any way to remove because I see no use of it.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
Re: Couatl
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:25:27 am »
No.
Couatl is more important than you think- No couatl= no scenery. Its basically the engine the scenery runs on.

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

Hnla

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:03:52 am »
Hi!

I have recently purchased GSX together with some FSDT airports. I wonder why you added Couatl with them? I have never noticed any difference even though it is updating pretty often. Is there any way to remove because I see no use of it.

There's an entire section right on the website's FAQ page that clearly lists the hundreds of functions that the add-on manager serves.

"What are the other functions of the Addon Manager? Could the scenery be programmed in order not to use it?

The Addon Manager has a lot of useful functions, other than managing the Demo and the Selling system. The scenery is programmed to take advantage of it, and couldn't run without it. Some of the Addon Manager's functions are:

-Automatic detection of the user's airplane type and front gear position recognition. This is used by the safegates, to properly adjust settings depending on airplane, without having the user to unrealistically dial COM frequencies in order to configure the gates for correct airplane type.
-Objects appearing on conditions like time and season, allowing for special effects like seasonal trees, ice blocks on the airport, seasonal vehicles.
-Frame rate optimizations (especially in FSX), allowing to cut object appearance when not needed, and reinstating several conditions that are not longer possible with FSX scenery SDK.
-Custom ground AI objects (FSX only), allowing for good looking customized ground vehicles with proper motion and behavior on ground
Easy tweak of several performance parameters (FSX only). This is a free feature, that can be used for any scenery, even without buying any product, the FSX tweaks will always be available."

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 10:25:39 am »
I have recently purchased GSX together with some FSDT airports. I wonder why you added Couatl with them?

"Added" ? Couatl is included in all our products since several years. The whole GSX runs with it, and the sceneries too. And all our manuals starts with an explanation with what it does and why it's being installed.

llNewton

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 05:03:22 pm »
I have recently purchased GSX together with some FSDT airports. I wonder why you added Couatl with them?

"Added" ? Couatl is included in all our products since several years. The whole GSX runs with it, and the sceneries too. And all our manuals starts with an explanation with what it does and why it's being installed.

Oh, Ok. Didn't know that, just thought it was some kind of updater. Thanks!