Author Topic: KDFW scenery's elevation too high  (Read 2837 times)

Claus

KDFW scenery's elevation too high
« on: February 16, 2014, 08:36:39 pm »
Hi folks,

a couple of days before I bought the KDFW scenery. Problem is, that the apron's elevation appears too high compared to the rest, so that  online at VATSIM all aircraft including my own appear with gear unvisible. On the other hand, leaving certain taxiways , the aircraft suddenly drops down several feet and crashes. Some of the taxiways are invisible too, there is just grass, nothing else. only their taxiway lights are visible.

Can anybody help me?

Cheers
Claus

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KDFW scenery's elevation too high
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 11:05:15 pm »
Problem is, that the apron's elevation appears too high compared to the rest

The airport elevation is absolutely correct to the published airfield elevation, 185.03 m, equals to 607 ft. You can of course verify this in the airport AFCAD.

so that  online at VATSIM all aircraft including my own appear with gear unvisible

It's not clearly if ONLY the online aircraft have this problems ? What about *your* airplane ?  If that's correct, then the scenery is correct, and the problem is something related to how you online client displays the online airplanes.

A scenery conflict (on your system or even on the remote system) could cause this like, for example, another AFCAD coming from another scenery/product (like AI Traffic package) that has a different altitude.

. On the other hand, leaving certain taxiways , the aircraft suddenly drops down several feet and crashes. Some of the taxiways are invisible too, there is just grass, nothing else. only their taxiway lights are visible.

Doesn't happen and yes, it could also be caused by another AFCAD in conflict.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to be sure there aren't any conflicting AFCADs and of course be sure you have KDFW on top of the Scenery Library, which is where the installer puts it by default.

And, be sure you apply the mesh complexity and resolution settings as suggested in the KDFW manual, in the "Design Notes" chapter.

Can anybody help me?

Cheers
Claus
[/quote]