Author Topic: Gate positions for LZIB taxitogate with GSX?  (Read 2825 times)

sonic75

Gate positions for LZIB taxitogate with GSX?
« on: February 02, 2014, 05:10:15 pm »
Hi all, Went to place my 737 at taxitogates LZIB and I found the gate positions all wrong?

How do I correct this? LZKZ from taxitogate is working fine?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gate positions for LZIB taxitogate with GSX?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 09:49:00 pm »
Whenever you have positions wrong in GSX, it's always a problem of what AFCAD is being used by GSX.

You can first check which AFCAD is being used by GSX, with the "Customize parking positions" menu, the page that will open will indicate the name of the AFCAD in use.

It's not the one that comes with the scenery, there might be several reasons for this:

- There's another AFCAD for the same airport on an higher layer in the Scenery Library so, you must either remove it, or put your airport on an higher layer, then restart FSX to apply the changes.

- The AFCAD included with the airport has some kind of error, so GSX discarded it.

- For some reason, GSX didn't detected you installed the scenery, so its scenery cache is outdated, in this case, try to force a cache rebuild, by removing the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

And restart FSX, you should see both FSX and GSX rebuilding their scenery caches, the new scenery should work at the end of the process.

sonic75

Re: Gate positions for LZIB taxitogate with GSX?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 10:41:17 am »
thanks for the reply....it seems as though the AFCAD is bad.....not sure how I would correct this....I have searched around but I cannot find any fixes.

Oh well, just will have to go without GSX at LZIB.....great product! 8)