Author Topic: CTD after auto update  (Read 2999 times)

zoran

CTD after auto update
« on: January 29, 2014, 04:14:16 am »
Hi
I updated coutal and then it took me to the new add on manager that I installed. After that FSX crashed and now it wont open, it will load up until around the splash screen and then just stops.

Im not suggesting its anything to do with FSDT as I updated and installed a few programs just before however FSX was working fine prior to the FSDT update

Has there been any issue or reports about CDT's?

cheers
  EDIT

okay is defiantly coutale or stand alone that cause the crashing

I deleted my CFG and when the new one built it ask me for permission to install FSDT and I denied and FSX started okay.

I went back and repeated the excercise  and accepted permissions and this caused a crash again.

not sure what i should do from here. FSX is back to normal again but coutale and S/A mgr keep asking for permission which I cant except.
cheers
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:22:00 am by zoran »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD after auto update
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 10:38:59 am »
I deleted my CFG and when the new one built it ask me for permission to install FSDT and I denied and FSX started okay.

I went back and repeated the excercise  and accepted permissions and this caused a crash again.

If you do this, you are causing the crash. Each bglmanx.dll file should be used with its accompanying set of bglmanx*.dat files, and both are updated when there's a major update. If you don't allow to the the new bglmanx.DLL, the old one will be forced to work with the new bglmanx*.DAT files, and this WILL cause a QUIT (not a crash) on start.

For the same reason, it's possible your antivirus, or other similar security related product, has caused the problem that lead to try this in the first place: if that program blocked the .dll from download but accepted the .dat files (antivirus blocks executables only), you end up in the same mismatched situation as above.

Be sure you turn off every program that might block the executable and/or the download, like an antivirus, anti-spyware, firewall, or similar, and reinstall using the most current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

zoran

Re: CTD after auto update
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 12:31:09 pm »
okay thaks, I disabled antivirus and downloaded again and no problems  ;D