Author Topic: F12 Button  (Read 2982 times)

morrisminor

F12 Button
« on: January 21, 2014, 11:42:47 am »
I have just installed the trial version of GSX but can not get it to start.
I understand I need to press ctrl+F12 but my keyboard does not have F12!

Is there anyway I can re-assign the F12 button, i can not see how to get into the program easily!

I am NOT a computer genius, I just like to instal and go!

Please help someone!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: F12 Button
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:37:19 pm »
I have just installed the trial version of GSX but can not get it to start.
I understand I need to press ctrl+F12 but my keyboard does not have F12!

Is there anyway I can re-assign the F12 button, i can not see how to get into the program easily!

Yes, of course there is. Have a look at the "Key mapping" menu under the "Couatl powered products" menu. Just be sure the new key you use is not already used by FSX or another FSX add-on.

morrisminor

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 01:46:54 pm »
Thank you for your reply, but where will I find Couatl powered products" menu. I can not find it on the start menu  all I can find is the Fs Dream document

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 02:01:12 pm »
Under the “Couatl powered products”, like all the rest of the GSX menus. Have you read the manual ?

Could you please decide if you want to be supported on the forum or by email ? You have posted the same identical questions by email too, and I had to reply with the same identical answers here and by email too. Posting the same question twice on two different places will only result in double work, for both of us.

morrisminor

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 09:42:22 pm »
Dear All,

I think I have, with help, sorted the problem.

The main problem was the add-on would not load. On my computer i have the administrator and me as a user. I always user user as it helps stop pirate programs.
I was trying to load and play from the user not administrator.

Eventually I went to the administrator and all worked well. The add-on is working, but only on administrator, not user!