Author Topic: 3 things I don't like  (Read 3968 times)

jgoggi

3 things I don't like
« on: December 22, 2013, 07:18:44 pm »
Hi, just 3 things that I don't like in GSX:

1. The heavy stutters when, after selecting gate/parking during taxi-in, the ground vehicles appear at the selected gate/parking.
2. The green message "a marshaller has been dispatched onsite": I selected verbosity at minimum but that message still appears and I would like to have the possibility to remove it as well. Along with the stutters, this message subtracts to realism in simulation in that phase of the flight.
3. After parking, the marshaller goes away, while he should come beneath the plane and connect his headphones with the cockpit, also because with addons like FS2Crew you hear the marshaller talking to you through the headphones (in the "other" product similar to GSX the marshaller comes and connects the headphones...).

Is it possible to improve these 3 items in a next update?
Thank you!
James
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 3 things I don't like
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 08:57:29 pm »
1. The heavy stutters when, after selecting gate/parking during taxi-in, the ground vehicles appear at the selected gate/parking.

They are not a problem, because they last only a second and, of course, it's nothing we can control, it's just that creating an object *does* take a little pause.

2. The green message "a marshaller has been dispatched onsite": I selected verbosity at minimum but that message still appears and I would like to have the possibility to remove it as well

As explained, many times already, messages are there to clearly indicate that something is happening, and several times we had support issues due to the fact the user believed there was some kind of problem, but the problem was that he simply turned off all messages, so it appeared the program "didn't do anything".

We'll check why the marshaller message is not linked to the verbosity slider, anway.

3. After parking, the marshaller goes away, while he should come beneath the plane and connect his headphones with the cockpit

That's of course one of the many animation that might be added, nobody really asked for this before.

However, since the marshaller doesn't to anything more after you parked, that animation wouldn't really represent anything, it might connect the headphone, but then ? Staying there with the headphone connected for an xxxx amount of time then going away ? How much time ? If use other add-on products that simulate the subsequent marshaller dialog, GSX should might not be in sync with those so, making something that would work equally with FSX entirely default and with possibly many different other add-ons, could become very complex quite easily, and if GSX started to reproduce the *whole* procedure, you would then ask for a way to turn if off, because you might want to use that other add-on instead.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:04:58 pm by virtuali »

jgoggi

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 08:33:20 am »
Umberto, thank you for your reply. Concerning item 3,  I don't mean that the marshaller must visually connect the headphones,  he just needs to stand at the airplane instead of unrealistically 'escaping' to the vehicle. And,  instead of waiting at the vehicle,  just wait at the plane,  I don't think it would involve a great rework.
James Goggi

Artur

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:17:41 am »

3. After parking, the marshaller goes away, while he should come beneath the plane and connect his headphones with the cockpit

That's of course one of the many animation that might be added, nobody really asked for this before.

However, since the marshaller doesn't to anything more after you parked, that animation wouldn't really represent anything, it might connect the headphone, but then ? Staying there with the headphone connected for an xxxx amount of time then going away ? How much time ? If use other add-on products that simulate the subsequent marshaller dialog, GSX should might not be in sync with those so, making something that would work equally with FSX entirely default and with possibly many different other add-ons, could become very complex quite easily, and if GSX started to reproduce the *whole* procedure, you would then ask for a way to turn if off, because you might want to use that other add-on instead.

Hello FSDT Team.
I'm new on forum, but GSX I use it from 2012. I was reading this post and with the marshaller, I'll have this ideea: why don't when parking, he tells the distance from the plane and parking spot untill the plane stop? For ex: 50 mt, 40 mt, ...10 mt... STOP! It can be added with the voice or only on green bar, I don't know wich is more simple. It became in this way more realistic and interactive with the simulation. Also could help the simmers to learn the correct parking at gateways, because the common problem is not "left" or right" in position the nose of aircraft, but allways the distance from STOP point. At least this is what happend to me. Allways get the message " was a good parking, but you park too far..." . Itcan be added for ex. like an option in menu under "airport configuration" near marshaller option, named something like "additonal help" for ex.
Another thing that I think can be changed are the voices from boarding and deboarding... boy what unrealistic they are! Anyway GSX is a great product, and with some minor upgrade can be the greatest product on the market, in my personal opinion.  ;)